Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Truck haven fun

Spend the day In truck haven with Fred (Flatout), Beau (Jeeperator), and dragged Steve (Barney1) up there also. Fred and Beau are camped up there for the weekend and they both did an awesome job of leading us around the place. Truck haven is unlike any place I have wheeled in and is just so much fun.
    Steep climbs, steep decents lots of small canyons and washes to explore. Even on this busy weekend there was plenty room to roam and explore for everyone.
    Truckhaven is a must do place in my book, even though its well out in the sticks, its definitely worth visiting.

http://public.fotki.com/waagnl/truck-haven-4x4-off/

Last edited by aw12345; 11-29-08, 12:31 AM.

Art,

Looks like you guys had lots of fum out there. Another of those places that I must go to someday. Thanks for the photo's.

Mitch

Comment

awesome day guys , thanks for the invite, this place is great and wide open ..... i'll be back !!

Comment

do you guys know the guy in the army green Sniper? I met him tis last summer on the Rubicon and watched him do the sluice box.

looks like a great trip! I need to get out there soon
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Steve got any pictures to add to the post?
          Also up for running Cleghorn or something tonight?
          Will see if I can fix my fronht locker today

Comment

ha art , can not run anything tonight but maybe tommorow , i'v got some extra arb blue air line if you need it also you can pick up the brass collet's at ace hardware if you have a air leak ....i only snapped a couple pics to busy having fun

Comment

Comment

Hi Steve it ground the little copper tube inside the diff up, bought the parts to fix it cost 4.50 at the hardware store, now I just have to rip the diff apart and fix it, looks like the last 5 or 6 runs I ran without a front locker

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. We were at Superstion about 45 min south. Both areas wide open to bust yer junk up.

Lots of people out, cheap gas brings out the best of us.....

I see the telephone...anyone heard from George K? His group planted that.
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

I ran into beau and fred also at the phone booth of all places. spent the weekend out there with the family and a bunch of friends. I had the only jeep, everyone else had bikes and quads and my son brought his prerunner. Great weather, great friends, great food and some great tequila!

Comment

I am thinking about going back on new years or maybe Johnson valley.

Comment

ha beau , if we head out there for new years you not going to nap all day are you .....

Comment

what a great weekend it turned out to be I was glad
                          you guys made it out. wheeled 3 days and barley touched all there is to do out there. still never found the fire plug. next time we will. sign me up for new years.
                          You can make it

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Spend the day In truck haven with Fred (Flatout), Beau (Jeeperator), and dragged Steve (Barney1) up there also. Fred and Beau are camped up there for the weekend and they both did an awesome job of leading us around the place. Truck haven is unlike any place I have wheeled in and is just so much fun.
                            Steep climbs, steep decents lots of small canyons and washes to explore. Even on this busy weekend there was plenty room to roam and explore for everyone.
                            Truckhaven is a must do place in my book, even though its well out in the sticks, its definitely worth visiting.

http://public.fotki.com/waagnl/truck-haven-4x4-off/

whoops...there went the D35....maybe it's the camera angle, but that sure looks like a broken axle to me...
                            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

It sure is if you enlarge it you can see the brake shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X