Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: jawbone for Thanksgiving

I am headed to Jawbone for the Thanksgiving weekend with my girlfriend and kids for some wheeling and just hanging out.

Anyone that comes over that way, I plan on camping just off Jawbone Canyon road.
    No specific plan to run any trail, other then just running to see what i can find.

Will probably run up to Last Chance to check it out though.

Give a yell on the CB on channel 4 if you come to the area.

Todd
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Hopefully the weather will hold out, I'd like to do Nightmare and last Chance again but not if theres a cloud in site.

Comment

sounds like fun. mmm flash floods
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Last chance is awesome in the rain. i have pictures going through the v notch with water flowing under the jeep.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

We will know tomorrow if we are going to last chance on Friday. i'll give you a call todd.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

The family and I are staying at Sierra Trails RV Park just North of Mojave on the 14.. We ran the lower part of Last Chance yesterday and then took Opel back out to the 14..

We were thinking about doing Nightmare today but with the rain I think we are going to wait to see what the weather does..

Keep us posted on the runs for the weekend as we may come join you..

Rex
            "There are two primary choices in life, to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

Denis Waitley

Comment

I am going to run as many trails as possible, and just play around with the jeep, and girlfriends sons dirt bike.

We will be camped right off Jawbone canyon rd. Look for a white tahoe and a silver lifted TJ running 35's.
              It has lots of stickers on it too.

Todd

Comment

two people died in Jawbone yesterday. be careful, lot of people will be out.

Comment

Originally posted by smack2020 View Post
                  whats the scoop??????????
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by smack2020 View Post
                    We were in the Jawbone Station yesterday getting maps when some guys on motorcycles came in and reported that.. I am not 100% sure but it sounded like it happened in the open riding area of Jawbone and there was a Rhino type vehicle involved.. Don't know anymore than that.

Saw a TON of people coming in today though...

Be careful and watch out for bikes and quads.. I had a bike hit me up in Idyllwild one day because he was coming around blind corner to fast.. Luckily he was not hurt but it cracked the case on his Husky.. Scared the crap out of me..
                    "There are two primary choices in life, to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

Denis Waitley

Comment

Due to the rains I think we are going to do Koehn Lake Trail and then take R50 and R110 into Randsburg.. Then on Friday pending the rain situation we are going to do Nightmare up to Last Chance then over to Bickel Camp and Burro Schmidt..

If you see a Yellow TJ on 33's with a Orange Igloo Cooler on the back and a Pueter Sierra YJ (hell if I know what color to call it) wave us down and say hi..

Rex

Denis Waitley

Comment

Rexr

Thanks, and we will be leaving here in a few hours.
                        We were going to bring two dirt bikes with us, but someone tried to steal both of them last night. They got tired of pushing the one that had no gas so the dropped it, and took off on the RM 125 here in Tulare.
                        Cops are still looking for it.

See you all later.

Todd

Comment

Nightmare & Last Chance Cyn.

I'll be there too, going with last minute plans. I'm leaving tomorrow morning around 7-8:00, wheel till dark and staying with the outlaws Friday night in Lancaster and wheel again on Saturday to explore a mine that is somewhere North of Last chance cyn.

Comment

We got out there on Thursday and ran the local trails on LA1 and LA2, as per the sign just down the road from where we camped next to the water line.
                            We did go out to Dove Springs, and saw the hoards of people out there.
                            We did see the search and rescue people flying and running around on Friday night.
                            Busy weekend out there for sure.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by rexr View Post
                              If you see a Yellow TJ on 33's with a Orange Igloo Cooler on the back and a Pueter Sierra YJ (hell if I know what color to call it) wave us down and say hi..

Rex
                              Did you guys roll into California City around 10am on Thanksgiving? I was heading toward Mojave in the wife's saturn and I think I saw you. I wanted to go wheelin but can't under doctors orders.

I heard a few people got killed this weekend on bikes, including a 2 year old kid that that the dad had riding on a quad with him. They flipped and the quad landed on the kid. So sad. They also had to hoist a guy out of last chance canyon with a compound fracture on his ankle and dislocated elbow.
                              Last edited by Deamer; 12-02-08, 05:36 PM.
                              Dennis
                              04 TJ
                              4.0/Auto
                              RE 4.5 Long Arm
                              Rock-It Man Rockers
                              33x12.50 BFG A/T
                              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                              X