Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: BullFrog Johnson Valley

After reading HotRodOil.com's trai report of bullfrog trail in Johnson Valley...I must go. Who's down to go this Tuesday November 25 (two days before Thanksgiving). I have no idea how to get there but I'll figure it out.

Let's Do It!!!!!!!!

Anybody?

Somebody?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Shant,

I don't know the actual "Bullfrog" trail, but I can show you hours of trails and fun stuff at Cougar Buttes if you want. It was 45' this morning and should be in the 30s early Tuesday with the storm front coming in. Dress warm. Check out my report on Cougar Buttes.

Mitch

Comment

Well Myself as well as 4 TJs and 3 other XJs just ran Bull Frog today.

It is one hell of an awesome trail. I recommend it for sure. There are some great pucker factors, there's the "Jeep Eater" and lots of other awesome rock formations and ledges to wheel on.

I should have some pics posted up by tomorrow or Monday but heres a quick shot of the very first little rock face

|90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Shant,

I don't know the actual "Bullfrog" trail, but I can show you hours of trails and fun stuff at Cougar Buttes if you want. It was 45' this morning and should be in the 30s early Tuesday with the storm front coming in. Dress warm. Check out my report on Cougar Buttes.

Mitch
        lets do it! Maybe we can figure it out. We'll wheel and then unload some rounds. Sounds like a good time to me. We'll make it an early trip Mitch.

Comment

I think I might be cancelling this run due to reports of showers in the area. Not interested in wheeling through showers in the desert.

Comment

Shant,

"Cloudy with a chance of showers in the afternoon", that can't be stopping you from wheeling? Call me in the morning if you want to double check, but I'm going! Must go Jeeping...Must go Jeeping...Must go Jeeping...

Do you feel it?

Mitch

Comment

Mitch you are turning into a rock crawling animal.
              Go have fun, you only life once might as well make the best of it especially since you have ample free time these days

Comment

Art, that's what I was thinking. As soon as I get back to work I'll be tied up with no vacation time for a year, so I'm going Jeepin!

Mr Bash, ABC7 has taken rain out of the desert forcast till Tuesday evening. What do you think? I need a video man with me, I konked my head doing the one handed video and hoops thing on Saturday. I put some padding on the roll cage but need to quit the video and driving at the same time.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch you think so? Seems to me you are almost as addicted to video taping while driving as 4 wheeling

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                    I think I might be cancelling this run due to reports of showers in the area. Not interested in wheeling through showers in the desert.
                    OMG you have no idea what you're missing. Wheeling in the desert when it rains is better than going to heaven for me. The Creosote bush starts to letting out it's musky prefume, the jack rabbits come out to play (see "lets dump some rounds" comment) the tortoises poke thier heads out to get a drink, and the desert just comes to life. If you don't go do that once you'll regret it!
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Starting to sound like it will be me and Jake the Springer Spaniel. Jake likes the rain and to chase the Jack Rabbits that like to come out and play in it. Creosote smells great and is only second to sagebrush in the rain. Gotta love this desert! I'll confirm GPS #'s and look forward to a guided tour. I'd hate to miss things like the "Jeep Eater". That just sounds like fun.

Mitch

Comment

Starting to sound like it will be me and Jake the Springer Spaniel. Jake likes the rain and to chase the Jack Rabbits that like to come out and play in it. Creosote smells great and is only second to sagebrush in the rain. Gotta love this desert! I'll confirm GPS #'s and look forward to a guided tour. I'd hate to miss things like the "Jeep Eater". That just sounds like fun.

Mitch
                        Mitch,
                        I'd hate to think I had something to do with this agressive behavior you have been exibiting of late. I will call ahead and warn the Jeep Eater that you're coming Wish I could join you but that four letter word says no. Have fun and keep 'em down, for the most part.

Comment

Kurt,

Chuck says that I'm OK if three tires are down, his favorite position. I'll be careful, but I'm not afraid of some ole weather forcast. Jake the Springer Spaniel brings in the daily paper, maybe he can take pictures for me!

Mitch

Comment

Kurt,

Chuck says that I'm OK if three tires are down, his favorite position. I'll be careful, but I'm not afraid of some ole weather forcast. Jake the Springer Spaniel brings in the daily paper, maybe he can take pictures for me!

Mitch
                            I'm guessing Jake can do that! And only one tire up? Come on now. Chuck isn't happy unless all the tires are light... That's why I enjoy running trails with him. I have to flex and get air vicariously through you YJ and CJ guys. Us TJ guys are just spoiled...

Comment

Heres some more pics from the other day for you guys:

Heres more: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...cd6&id=6310842
                              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X