Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Jeep Trail Violated!

Nice day of offroading there, always have a good time. But one of my faviorite spots is gone! Some duche bag took out the big rock you have to crawl over at the squeez! Now no squeez at all just a drive through! I have no idea how they got that rock out of there but it is nowhere to be found. If you cant make it over that rock you have no business offroading. Dont like climbing over rocks stay on the damn road.

are you sure the park rangers didnt do that or the rain washed it?
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I noticed it a month ago......... Looks like someone blew it up into a bunch of little rocks. My opinion Lockwood / Miller is too easy and should lose the class of extreme trail. I saw a Suzuki Sidekick do the whole trail recently with stock street tires that were worn out. He did just fine on the trail.

I spent alot of money on my rig to do that trail in years past. That is why I am doing other trails much more challenging.

Brett
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
        I noticed it a month ago......... Looks like someone blew it up into a bunch of little rocks. My opinion Lockwood / Miller is too easy and should lose the class of extreme trail. I saw a Suzuki Sidekick do the whole trail recently with stock street tires that were worn out. He did just fine on the trail.

I spent alot of money on my rig to do that trail in years past. That is why I am doing other trails much more challenging.

Brett
        Have you been down Yellow Jacket? That will test your rig. bring a tow strap, and a buddy you will need it
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Maybe the USFS opened it up so fire trucks could get through. That's the reason we have most trails in the forest, fire roads. They've been engelected for so long now that alot of them aren't passable by emergency equipment anymore.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

I just drove down it and thought the same thing,where did it go? I know the rangers don't get up there much but I guess it could have been looked at as a hazard of putting you of the side of the hill? I thought the rock was just flipped over and off to the side but the funny thing is that it is not even that difficult of an obstacle compared to other spots on Miller. Sucks that people do stupid things, they should've added two instead of moving one.
            How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Lets make a trip up there and put back 3 or more of them boulders!

We did Miller/Yellow Jacket a couple of weeks ago.

On Yellow Jacket the first creek crossing step is alot smaller, no challenge. The rest of the creek bed was fun but not to hard. Did the hole creek with no problems.

Miller is the same. Fun but not a challenge.

Miller and Yellow Jacket is still a fun day out wheeling and being with friends.

RallyeX

Comment

Bummer that one of the few actual challenges on Miller is gone. I am finding it to be a much better area to dirt bike in that jeep in anyway. A couple of the single tracks up there are a kick in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
                  Bummer that one of the few actual challenges on Miller is gone. I am finding it to be a much better area to dirt bike in that jeep in anyway. A couple of the single tracks up there are a kick in the pants.
                  Have you tried Snowy Trail?
                  How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Working...
                  X