Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: John Bull

Trail Report – John Bull 11-16-08

Mitch (great88) told me that he has been wanting to drive John Bull, so I had a free Sunday and thought that I would put a small run together. Chuck (dirtman13) and I met Mitch at the trailhead for Jacoby Cyn at Hwy 18 at 10 am.

On the way up to the meeting point, we got some spooky views of the Anahiem Hills fire from Hwy 330:

To get to the John Bull trail, Mitch lead the way up Jacoby Cyn to 3N16:

Chuck lead the way once we got to the trail. He got hung up on one attempt and I guess he decided that the common lines were too hazardous:wink:, so after that he took the toughest lines he could find:

Mitch climbed up with ease:

And he took some fun lines throughout the trail:

The MJR Air Force made an appearance:

Mitch worked though the tough spots:

When Chuck found an adequate parking spot, we stopped for Lunch:

After lunch we made our way along the Western portion of the trail:

After we exited the trail, we stopped to chat. Chuck found an impressive parking space:

Mitch found a great one as well:

I had so much fun on John Bull today. It was fun taking some of the tougher lines on the trail. Mr. Green did a great job of getting me through. I'm looking forward to the next chance to run it.

All of my pics can be seen at this link:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...16-08/?start=0
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Mike,

Thanks for setting this trip up. Seeing Chuck and you waiting this morning told me that a great time was ahead! Jacoby Canyon was a perfect easy warm up run on the way to John Bull. I was happy that great88 cruised through the Bull without a problem, well there was the tore off rear fender flare, and the smashed steering stabilizer, the crushed tail pipe, the chewed up rim protector.... And I didn't hesitate taking the harder lines. Thanks to both of you guys for a perfect day. What a contrast to have the front of the mountain and So Cal covered in smoke and the desert side with 100 mile views.

Mitch

Meeting at Jacoby Canyon trailhead

Mr Green

John Bull

Awesome view of Rabbit Dry Lake and Lucerne Dry Lake / Lucerne Valley

I take great88 and pose on a big rock / then Chuck has to do it on 3 wheels!

Last edited by Mitch; 11-16-08, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Mitch, Great work yesterday. Now we need to hit Gold Mountain then over to JB. Thanks guys for a great run. I'll try to post my pics tonight.
      Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

Next time Gold Mountain then John Bull sounds perfect! It was a great day. Hope that you are feeling better.

Mitch

Comment

Oh man...Mitch you went with out me...I wish i would have known, i was sitting at home doing nothing...

Ron
          2005 Unlimited - 4.5 RE superflex - Rancho 9000's - 35 x 12.50 x 15 Geolanders - Riverside, Ca.

Comment

Mitch

Next we're gonna be seeing you out at the hammers or doing the gatekeeper at Doran. Unemployement looks like it's agreeing with you.

Clay

Comment

Wow, I was up there on Saturday with two of my other friends. We stayed at one of my friends house in Big Bear and went up Gold Hill and John Bull Trails. We did the trails easily without any breakdowns. The weather and air was perfect for wheeling. Had a great time.

Maybe next time we will hook up with MJR group.....

Brett
              offroadwerkz.com
              (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                Wow, I was up there on Saturday with two of my other friends. We stayed at one of my friends house in Big Bear and went up Gold Hill and John Bull Trails. We did the trails easily without any breakdowns. The weather and air was perfect for wheeling. Had a great time.

Maybe next time we will hook up with MJR group.....

Brett

Hey Brett, I was there on Saturday too. You passed me in the silver grand cherokee and my friend in his tacoma on Gold Mountain.

Merlin.

Comment

Looks like the 3 of you had a load of fun on John Bull
                  Mitch, I told you that you were ready for JB, Now try tunning it from west to east, what's normally the end of the trail is quite fun when you climb up it first.
                  Try it you'll see what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Chuck,

Next time Gold Mountain then John Bull sounds perfect! It was a great day. Hope that you are feeling better.

Mitch
                    Originally posted by Axkick View Post
                    Oh man...Mitch you went with out me...I wish i would have known, i was sitting at home doing nothing...

Ron
                    I have to ditto what Axkick says! And I hope I'm on the list for "next time"

Scott

Comment

Since Great88 made it through without an issue this time, I'm sure that 'next time' we will post the run for all the MJR folks that want to join.

I just hope that everyone is willing to wait for me to try to the harder lines again... damn that was fun!!!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

This was done as a small group for my first time. I actually expected it to be much harder than it was, but after the "Hairy Crack" in Apple Valley a lot of trails seem easy now!

Brett,
                        I'm sorry that we didn't meet up. I'm sure you had those shirts I've been asking about. Ha Ha...

I heard that Chuck (Dirtman13) took some pictures also, but......

Mitch

Comment

This was done as a small group for my first time. I actually expected it to be much harder than it was, but after the "Hairy Crack" in Apple Valley a lot of trails seem easy now!
                          Mitch
                          Mitch,

Congrats on knocking out John Bull! Looks like you guys had a great time!
                          Regards,
                          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Mitch.
                            Next its Bullfrog then the hammers.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I heard that Chuck (Dirtman13) took some pictures also, but......

Mitch
                              Ouch. I know I've been getting really bad a posting pics lately.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X