Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday November 25, 2008. Let's do it.

I don't mean to hijack your thread hotrodoil. I'll move on. Great pics man. Thanks for sharing. That camo liberty's looking good. Maybe I sh0uld paint my jeep Mossy Oak?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      Mike laid out this trail. What a great job he did! This trail is a CA. Moab! YOU need 33" tires and lockers or don't even try it ( if you can find it). It has Water falls and drop offs that if you don't have skid plates and rock sliders good luck! Just look at some of the pitures and they don't show some of the harder spots! Thanks to mike and HotRodOil.
      Who needs lockers?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        I'am going out tomorrow to bullfrog to check out the trail again. had so much fun the first time i didn't pay alot of attention how it went. Any body want to tag along? Want to know where I'am going first.
        Well I found Camp rock road...now what? Oh I forgot...you're there right now and I'm at work....this sucks! I think I'm going to get a different job! Let's go Tuesday!
        camp rock road
        Last edited by MrBash; 11-22-08, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Great day. Thanks to mike,frank,phil,flatpoint and naxja (I think) sorry guys if i got it wrong. MrBash this trail is tough. HAd one guy quit just watching us go a rock slab to get to the gate keeper.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Sorry I meant flatout.(tired)
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Curtis,

We'll have to compare notes on this trail. I went out today and I'm sure we ran most of what you guys did. Check out my report later. This shit was tough. 1 front roll over, a couple on their sides, back wheels 4 feet off the ground, gravity monkeys everywhere! Scary stuff!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Curtis,

We'll have to compare notes on this trail. I went out today and I'm sure we ran most of what you guys did. Check out my report later. This shit was tough. 1 front roll over, a couple on their sides, back wheels 4 feet off the ground, gravity monkeys everywhere! Scary stuff!

Mitch
                Can't wait to see this!! I thought it was such an easy trail! hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  Can't wait to see this!! I thought it was such an easy trail! hehehehe
                  Oh never mind, I see what you did there....slightly different area than Bullfrog...Nice!

Comment

so anyone going to help a fella wheeler out by way of directions? How do I get there? Curtis?

Comment

Mrbash you take comet off of camp rock rd east up into the rocks. but if you haven,t been there its hard to find. There are some red stakes and flags marking the start. There's going to be a run on 12/13 i think or if sooner I will let you know.

Comment

I don't currently have GPS info and I can't get down detailed enough to map it on google but here is what I have for now.

We drive in off of Camp Rock rd at Comet Rd which is at the pistachio farm, from there we head due East until the trail starts curving North near the rocky areas. Trail is marked w/ red stakes and white concrete mix marks on the ground plus old ribbon markings from a previous trip.

I have it marked on google earth but only near the general vicinity.
                        http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.023389&z=15
                        It will be tough to find by this info since it is a large area and the trails leading in go all over the place.

There is a group from the Bear Valley 4 Wheelers heading out there on Jan. 19th. and possibly another run in December just not sure on a date yet. Plans are to nail down GPS info, etc. on the next runs and possibly add to the trail.
                        I will update w/ any more info I can get

More info w/ pics. (this was the info I posted on NAXJA for them recently. I suspect more detailed directions and GPS info may be available real soon since they just ran it yesterday)

Not sure if this helps but this pic was taken at teh trailhead looking West. Notice in the pic to the right of the spikey plant, in front of the KJ left front tire are a few little sticks poking up? Those are the trail markers for the start of the trail.

This little squeeze spot is the 1st obstacle at the start.

Another angle

And this shot is what you drive down right after the 1st obstacle.
                        [IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/mkjeepers/Bullfrog%20Nov/BullfrogNov027.jpg

Comment

Curtis or John,

Please check these coodinates out and let me know if this correct, should be right on. I'm sure the exact trail will need a guide but this give a starting point.

Camp Rock Road & Comet 2.7 mi n/o Hwy 247
                          34 29 00.53n 116 51 28.40w

End of Comet 1.5 mi. e/o Camp Rock
                          34 28 59.67n 116 49 54.04w El 3250'

Bullfrog trailhead
                          34 29 00.46n 116 49 36.45w El 3340'

John, thanks for the pictures and great report. I hope to see you out here and have an "Official" trail guide.

Mitch

Comment

Wish I could have gone, looks like a good time. Mike did a nice job plotting the trail by the looks of the photos. Hope to be on the next BF run.
                            Best, Max7
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The guys from NAXJA did gps it yesturday. they should have the map up in a day or two.

Comment

I don't currently have GPS info and I can't get down detailed enough to map it on google but here is what I have for now.

We drive in off of Camp Rock rd at Comet Rd which is at the pistachio farm, from there we head due East until the trail starts curving North near the rocky areas. Trail is marked w/ red stakes and white concrete mix marks on the ground plus old ribbon markings from a previous trip.

I have it marked on google earth but only near the general vicinity.

Thanks hotroad oil....that really helped! I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X