Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Exploring the San Bernardino National Forest

This last weekend I was unable to head on up to LA with the rest of the family as planned until saturday evening. So at the last minute I decided to explore some areas that were new to me. However, upon reaching Rancho Cucamonga, I discovered that Cucamonga Canyon had been closed for awhile now due to fire damage. So I ran up to the other end of the trail- Lytle Creek. The views from the switchbacks heading up the mountain were very nice indeed. The trail ended at a campsite. Joe Elliot, I think it was. The rest of the trail was blocked from there, but along the way a lot of work had been done to repair the fire damage. Lots of folks were out deer hunting as well, so I had the chance to talk to a couple guys about Jeeps and hunting. Afterwards, I continued north on the 15 a ways to the Cleghorn trailhead. By then, it was starting to get late so I headed back down towards the freeway, took the 210 to the 5 and met the wife at a motel. The next day we were off to Disneyland. It was a busy weekend!

Aw man, its closed!

Well, time for plan B.

John,

Looks like you had a great day. I didn't know that you played this far from home. If get back up this way let me know, I'm not working right now so I can wheel anytime!

Mitch

Comment

I live in Rancho and I have done that trial that goes from safire road in upland to lytle creek its a long scenic trail that take a good 2 hours too complete. There is also some other trail that will take you up to the baldy area also. I cant beleive its been closed for so long.
      Anyway I think I will be in your neck of the woods come Thankgiving week. I am going to ocotillo wells with the trailer for a few days. I will be jeepin and my wife and son will be riding quads and motorcycles.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        John,

Looks like you had a great day. I didn't know that you played this far from home. If get back up this way let me know, I'm not working right now so I can wheel anytime!

Mitch
        Thanks, Mitch! I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I head up there.

Im not sure when I'll be able to get out again, as we'll be moving into a new place towards the end of the month. There goes my Thanksgiving plans...

Comment

Hey John! I can see the 1N34 trail from my front yard (no joke!). The next time that you trek up to this neck of the woods, shoot me a note. I'd love to join up with you and go exploring. The area is the local playground for several of the MJR crew. There are some great trails in the area.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X