Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: calico run

some pics from yesterday. was a last minute run to get out of the house

fun day. no breakage or scratches. was cool around 54 degrees most of day.

really enjoyed this run. cool group of people.

I liked the 6.1 hemi jk 4 door with 37's I think. really trick.

Was windy like crazy out there.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

man it sucks having the jeep down for repairs , missing all the good runs with the weather being great ... looks like you guys had a blast .....

Comment

Cool report. Had a great run. I ended up tearing up some bushings on my rear sway links and rear control arms. I sent Rubicon Express a pic of it. They're sending me new ones. Gotta love Rubicon Express!!!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
        Cool report. Had a great run. I ended up tearing up some bushings on my rear sway links and rear control arms. I sent Rubicon Express a pic of it. They're sending me new ones. Gotta love Rubicon Express!!!

LOL . . . I just got a pair of bushings from RE myself . . . was it your LCAs or UCAs? Pretty cool of them to hook up the new bushings for free, but still a PITA to have to replace them.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

That's a big 'ol spider! Great pic. I need to get out there soon myself!

Comment

Holy Crap! What the heck is going on with all these bushing failures? Have all of you guys with these failures been talking to the manufacturers about this? I deal with warranty faliure analysis every day, and we sell millions of units a year, but I've hardly seen the frequency of failure in the same mode that you guys are experiencing. You guys aren't spending every weekend in JV, are ya?
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I didn't have any trouble with my UCA's. Broke a shackle bolt, and stuffed a U-bolt in to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
                That's a big 'ol spider! Great pic. I need to get out there soon myself!
                That's my boy, Scotty holding the spider. I told him if he didn't pick it up, he was a Pepsi generation x-Marine. I couldn't remember if they poisonous, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Holy Crap! What the heck is going on with all these bushing failures? Have all of you guys with these failures been talking to the manufacturers about this? I deal with warranty faliure analysis every day, and we sell millions of units a year, but I've hardly seen the frequency of failure in the same mode that you guys are experiencing. You guys aren't spending every weekend in JV, are ya?
                  The rep at RE said it's a common failure. They found out they had a bunch fail so they're replacing them for free.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                    That's my boy, Scotty holding the spider. I told him if he didn't pick it up, he was a Pepsi generation x-Marine. I couldn't remember if they poisonous, oh well.
                    lol. he would have found out if they were poisonous.

nice meeting you man. glad to wheel with a fun group. lets do it again soon
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The rep at RE said it's a common failure. They found out they had a bunch fail so they're replacing them for free.

That's funny . . . when I called last week, the guy I spoke with mentioned that he'd heard of a bad batch of shock bushings but hadn't heard of any issues with the Control Arm bushings. He was still cool about it and didn't hassle me, just asked for a couple of pics and I had a new pair in a couple of days...even gave me an extra which I thought was pretty cool. I was pretty pleased with the customer service, but at this point am pretty sick of replacing bushings!

Hey Bash was it your UCA or LCA bushings that tore?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                        That's funny . . . when I called last week, the guy I spoke with mentioned that he'd heard of a bad batch of shock bushings but hadn't heard of any issues with the Control Arm bushings. He was still cool about it and didn't hassle me, just asked for a couple of pics and I had a new pair in a couple of days...even gave me an extra which I thought was pretty cool. I was pretty pleased with the customer service, but at this point am pretty sick of replacing bushings!

Hey Bash was it your UCA or LCA bushings that tore?
                        Joe,
                        Post a picture of those RE bushing please. I'd like to see what they look like.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          Joe,
                          Post a picture of those RE bushing please. I'd like to see what they look like.
                          Here's a few of the RE bushing . . .

Figured I'd post up a pic of the Full Traction bushings while I was at it, just for sh#ts and giggles . . . keep in mind, this is only one set . . . I have 16 more just like them still in the arms!!!

Comment

looks like turbo has been chewing on those bushings
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                              Here's a few of the RE bushing . . .

Figured I'd post up a pic of the Full Traction bushings while I was at it, just for sh#ts and giggles . . . keep in mind, this is only one set . . . I have 16 more just like them still in the arms!!!

There's your problem right there! Those bushings are :poop:. Use these (Napa Part number NCP 2673409 LCA and NCP 2671450 UCA) These are what I use and they never fail on me. You have to press these in. They are the STOCK Jeep part! Way better than those RE POSssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X