Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: wallstreet and odessa dropoff

went thru calico today. stopped at bismarc then headed to wallstreet. got about halfway down and the road was completely washed out. about 6 foot drop at start and got worse as it went down. it just isnt do-able for awhile. here are some pics

also where the drop off is on odessa at the top. someone stacked rocks from the bottom all the way to the top. some major time put in stacking. I didnt touch them. I have nothing against stacking rocks but was funny how much effort went into this.

Last edited by womb raider 940; 11-09-08, 08:10 PM.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh,

Cool pics, and when you guys say it ain't do-able right now I belive it. Great photo's and a good write up. Is that the Mr Bash rig in the photo's? If it is the rocks are not big enough!!!

Mitch

Comment

Do you have any photos zoomed out a bit? I am trying to figure out where that new ravine is.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

no. Only pics I have.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'm guessin that was done to make the upper passage a bit safer. Did you tear it all out going up the side?
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

no but I made sure to put in original post that I didnt touch them.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                Do you have any photos zoomed out a bit? I am trying to figure out where that new ravine is.
                That the trail going to the Wall Stret mine, with the big drop off into the canyon, just above Calico. Probaly about an 1/8th mile away from the mine. That puppy was deep, and Scotty says it only got worse as you got closer to the big boulder on the left, in the picture, Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post

I'm guessin that was done to make the upper passage a bit safer. Did you tear it all out going up the side?
                  He didn't go up the side. He didn't want to destroy the rock stack.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                    That the trail going to the Wall Stret mine, with the big drop off into the canyon, just above Calico. Probaly about an 1/8th mile away from the mine. That puppy was deep, and Scotty says it only got worse as you got closer to the big boulder on the left, in the picture, Kevin.
                    Hey Kevin!

How'd them, "you-know-what's" taste?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                      Hey Kevin!

How'd them, "you-know-what's" taste?
                      Haven't cooked them up yet, going back Tuesday to add to my catch. Wish me luck. Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                        no but I made sure to put in original post that I didnt touch them.
                        Was there a way to go up without using the stack? That's my favorite obstacle on the trail.

Comment

Was there a way to go up without using the stack? That's my favorite obstacle on the trail.
                          Well there's always a way to play, but being responsible 4-wheelers, and treading lightly, and figuring that 98% of vehicles can't do what you do, we left things as we found them. Now we need to get a work party together and see what we can do to fix the trail going to Wall Street. I was thinking about sending the Rat down through it, that would be a challenge. And if it gets stuck,we could leave it, and cover it up with dirt. That would help fill in the holes. Being a dedicated AAT member, you would become a legend. Only an idea, but I'm open to any other suggestions, Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                            Well there's always a way to play, but being responsible 4-wheelers, and treading lightly, and figuring that 98% of vehicles can't do what you do, we left things as we found them. Now we need to get a work party together and see what we can do to fix the trail going to Wall Street. I was thinking about sending the Rat down through it, that would be a challenge. And if it gets stuck,we could leave it, and cover it up with dirt. That would help fill in the holes. Being a dedicated AAT member, you would become a legend. Only an idea, but I'm open to any other suggestions, Kevin.
                            Bury the Rat huh? Now that's sacrafice! There are days when that sounds like a good idea...

Comment

Bury the Rat huh? Now that's sacrafice! There are days when that sounds like a good idea...
                              But think on it Kurt. If you made it through, you'd be a hero. And if you didn't, the sacrifice. Men would admire you, women would disire you, children would sing your name in praise, people would write songs and sing your name around the campfires. There really is no down size to this. You'd be the MAN. Kevin.

Comment

Working...
                              X