Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Old Wagon Rd to BB from Victor & 3N36

Mitch (Great88) came over for a free breakfast (well he was laid off and a man's gotta eat!)

After a few chores we jumped in my truck and checked out the start of 2N10. Awesome, I can't wait until Tuesday.

After returning to my place, we jumped in the Jeeps and followed the old wagon Road that went from the town of Victor to Holcum Valley. It's kind of a neat feeling knowing you're on the same route that the eary pioneers and miners took and I doubt if the tral looks any different than it did back in the day.

We reached Hwy 18 at Cushenbury Springs and we saw four deer.

We went up the hwy until we reached 3N36. we followed the trail to the top of silver peak. It was so clear, no wind, and warm! At the top of Silver peak (6,756 ft asl) it was warm and "tee-shirt" weather!

Here's a few photos:

The beginning of the old Wagon Rd:

Along 3N36:

About half way to the top:

Near the top looking towards Lucerne Valley:

Here we are at the top of Silver Peak looking towards Johnson Valley. My Jeep is the closest and Mitch is behind me:

This is the vert mine shaft on top of the peak:

The view of Cactus Flats:

This is my first attempt at posting photos so be patient with me!

All in all it was a great day and you can't beat spending the day with Mitch. (Even though I had to bribe him with breakfast )
    Last edited by Roger; 11-07-08, 08:13 PM. Reason: learnig which links to use!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Well this was something unique, I'm truly out of a job, I was able to hang with my buddy Roger on a Friday, and I forgot my camera. I met Roger in the AM and he made a wonderful breakfast before we headed out more the days adventures. After we drove to Big Bear and checked out the trailhead for Roger's Veteran's Day run we headed back to Lucerne to hop in the Jeeps for a local run. We headed across JF3130 to JF3113 to JF3110 to Hwy 18 and then headed south to 3N36 to Black Hawk Mountain. The sky was so clear that you could see for a 100 miles. This was a wanderful Friday trip with a good friend. Thanks Roger for another fun trip. And now that Roger can post pictures. We are all in trouble (As if I don't post a bunch of pictures every trip).

Thanks Roger,

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 11-07-08, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X