Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM informational meetings on JV & Marines

BLM Public Meetings Scheduled for Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Withdrawal Application

October 23rd
    4:00pm-9:00pm
    Twentynine Palms Junior High School
    5798 Utah Trail
    Twentynine Palms, CA 92277

October 24th
    1:00-4:00pm and 6:00-9:00pm
    Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
    12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville, California, USA 92395

Meetings will be designed to educate the public on the segregation (which is the current status of the study lands)
    and to provide information on the process and how it is used.

From what I'm told, these aren't meant to be town hall discussion type meetings. The BLM will have information to present on the Marine Corp segregation request to explain the process. They will probably have people available to answer questions, but it will be more like a kids school open house with displays and stuff. Everyone should try to make one of the meetings. The BLM will be paying attention to how many people show up, whether they say so or not.

Keep an eye out for the latest meeting minutes for more things you can do
    Its no fun without family

I'll be at the one in 29 Palms....probably not the one in Victorville.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

We're penciled in for the Victorville one. Hope to see some familiar faces!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Crap! I'm going to be out of town that weekend. I hope a bunch of you can go.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

WE NEED AS MANY BODIES AS POSSIBLE!!!! BLM WILL BE COUNTING AND WATCHING HOW LONG PEOPLE STAY AROUND.

Thanks........

Comment

I'll plan to be at the Victorville meeting. I think a strong talking point on this subject is that if this closure happens, it will force all of the users from that closed area into the other existing areas. Then we will have an over use / crowding problem with campers, bikes, quads, Jeeps, crawlers.... in the remaining legal trail areas. That will cause a whole new set of problems. Just my opinion. Please show some support if you can make it to either of these meetings.

Comment

Harry & I plan to be at all three meetings. We feel that it is very important for the Partnership For Johnson Valley to interface with as many stakeholders as possible. We know that the Marines and the BLM will be counting noses, and assessing opposition, so we need to be there looking for support of our goal of saving Johnson Valley.

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                I'll be at the one in 29 Palms....probably not the one in Victorville.
                Nick, did you make it yesterday to the meeting? Any notes for those of us going tonite?

Comment

There is 2 different times for today for those that didnt notice......

Comment

I'll be at the 6pm one. Who else is in? C'mon high desert jeepers!!

Comment

Working...
                    X