Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleghorn Ridge Trails

Went to Cleghorn today with Chuck (dirtman13), Me (great88), and we met Savi and his young son Riegel while airing down. The three of us cruised up the switch backs and took the first established by-pass trail. The weather was awesome. So clear looking back at the desert, you could see for miles and miles. We had an easy pace and hit every legal side trial between the 15 fwy and Hwy 138. Chucks Jeep is doing fantastic, eating every bump, ledge or rock in sight. Savi did great for a basically stock TJ with a 2 inch lift on very streetable all terrain tires. It took me a couple of tries at the notch, but no stacking rocks this time! We took a couple of snack / photo breaks and hit the end of the trail @ Hwy 138 in 3 hours. Thank you Chuck, and nice meeting you Savi and Riegel.
    Another great day out on the trail.

Mitch

First side trail X2W47

View of the "Cajon Anti-Cline" formation in the back ground.

Chuck is not stuck - Chuck did not back up - He just kept on driving! Impressive

Chuck how did you scratch the top of your gas can???

Savi doing the flex thing

Silverwood view

Nice growth in the area

Air up time / Hwy 138

Going down hill!
    Last edited by Mitch; 10-12-08, 07:16 AM.

cool pics man. I need to go. The only time I went was the meet and greet. and it was cloudy rainy, and foggy.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

A couple more videos

Savi and Riegel climbing

Chuck climbing

Downhill
      Last edited by Mitch; 10-11-08, 05:57 PM.

Comment

looks like you guys had some fun.... i think chuck was just showing off his new front fenders in that picture
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Scott,

Savi wanted to run middle postion between us. He said that he wanted to follow Chuck so he could see "the line" through different sections, but we immediately told him to do the opposite line than the one Chuck takes! Ha..... He now knows why. This has become one of my favorite trails for sure.

Mitch

Comment

I absolutely love Cleghorn its a fun offroad area, now when you are comfortable running it from west to east try running it the east to west its a bit more challenging, I know your Jeep can do it Mitch, its very well setup. It will give you even more of an appreciation for the trail. However get comfortable running all the legal side trails first, you feeel comfortable running everything there both ways it becomes time to go have fun on John Bull you will be ready for it

Comment

Wow! Looks like a great trail run on an excellent day. The views are as crisp as I think that I have ever seen them. I wish that I could have joined you.

As for Mitch, well,...I think that we may have created a Monster!
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                As for Mitch, well,...I think that we may have created a Monster!
                You said it. He is out of control.
                Check out .

Comment

I'm not sure why Chuck leaves the front wheels on, he hardly ever uses them!
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This was actually the most fun I ever had on Cleghorn
                    Dragging a stuck rangerover out of the whole he got stuck there and snapped an axle shaft. had to back out from behind him and drag him since all his buddies were to afraid of that piece of trail and any potential scratches, got to love a Jeep

Comment

Art,

That is so funny. When we aired-up at Hwy 138 (Silverwood) a brand new stock silver Range Rover (Paper Plates)came down the trail and stopped nearby. The driver got out and was shaking his head as he walked back and forth checking the scrapes and deep scatches on both sides of his rig. At one point the kids started to get out and he yelled "Stay in the Car" and "don't say a word when we get home, I'll handle this". It was too funny. First time out, by himself, didn't know where he was going and got on the wrong trail!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Art,

That is so funny. When we aired-up at Hwy 138 (Silverwood) a brand new stock silver Range Rover (Paper Plates)came down the trail and stopped nearby. The driver got out and was shaking his head as he walked back and forth checking the scrapes and deep scatches on both sides of his rig. At one point the kids started to get out and he yelled "Stay in the Car" and "don't say a word when we get home, I'll handle this". It was too funny. First time out, by himself, didn't know where he was going and got on the wrong trail!

Mitch
                        There's a word for folks like that... YUPPIE!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          There's a word for folks like that... YUPPIE!
                          Ha! Yeah, your right, but at least this guy knows that his vehicle can do more than just transport the kids to soccer practice! Now he's got to come to grips with the custom pin-striping :wink:
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                            Ha! Yeah, your right, but at least this guy knows that his vehicle can do more than just transport the kids to soccer practice! Now he's got to come to grips with the custom pin-striping :wink:
                            Sounds more to me like he needs to get a grip on the wifey... Sounds like he's scared :poop:less...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              Sounds more to me like he needs to get a grip on the wifey... Sounds like he's scared :poop:less...
                              It's probably her's . . . what kind of self respecting man would be driving a new rover???
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X