Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Rowher Trail

I wanted to check and see if anyone knows if Rowher Flats has reopened . . . I recall the report saying it would be closed until 10/08 or 11/08. Anybody been by the Rowher Trail lately to see if the signs/barriers have been removed?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

From the things I've heard it will not open for another 6 months or so to allow more time for rehabilitation. I did here that Drinkwater will be opening in November. Give the ranger station a call and make sure because you know how second hand info can be. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=699819
    How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

What am I missing here . . . I've been thru Rowher a handful of times, and don't recall much in the way of vegetation other than weeds, a bit of scrub brush and the very occasional manzanita. We're not talking Yosemite, Sequoia, or even Big Bear, where you have a forested area. Were talking about WEEDS(no not those kind). How come it only takes a week for them to sprout up in the driveway or garden, but 2 years on Rowher? :dunno:
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        What am I missing here . . . I've been thru Rowher a handful of times, and don't recall much in the way of vegetation other than weeds, a bit of scrub brush and the very occasional manzanita. We're not talking Yosemite, Sequoia, or even Big Bear, where you have a forested area. Were talking about WEEDS(no not those kind). How come it only takes a week for them to sprout up in the driveway or garden, but 2 years on Rowher? :dunno:

I guess bureaucracy isn't the best manure to grow weed in.
        :dunno:
        How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Working...
        X