Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Camping at Means Dry Lake Oct 17,18,19

My wife and I with some friends will be camping by Means Lake on the above referenced dates. Most of the folks going including my darling bride will be off on their quads. So I'll probably just tootle around JV in my CJ.

So if you have nothing planned come on out for the day, the weekend - whatever. We'll most likely be camped on the left side of Boone Rd. before you get to the lake.

The approx lat/long is: 34 24'25.97N 116 31' 10.69" W

Look for my White Titan 4-door truck, 20' Prowler, & my Black CJ7 There may also be a few other motor homes and trailers.

I'll have my CB's on Ch 4. If you will be coming, let me know so I'll be looking for you.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger,

You need to find a little canyon to camp in, not the middle of the dust bowl. It'll make your steaks a little gritty. Have fun.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      Roger,

You need to find a little canyon to camp in, not the middle of the dust bowl. It'll make your steaks a little gritty. Have fun.

Mitch
      That's why we'll be on the left side of Boone Rd BEFORE the Lake. The dust will be blowing away from us. Besides, that's what the trailer is for! To get out of the dirt to eat!
      MJR moderator
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

A Small group of us are heading out early Sat mourning to run Hells Gate and Aftershock we will cruise by and say Hey!
        2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
          A Small group of us are heading out early Sat mourning to run Hells Gate and Aftershock we will cruise by and say Hey!
          I'll keep a look out for you. Although My ole CJ7 isn't built for rocks, I may tag along (if you have no objections) and watch the carnage.....
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
          X