Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Johnson valley playtime

Steve, Dan and Bustinan and wife ( sorry forgot you guys names) Thanks for an awesome time the eastern part of Johson valley is such a fun play area had a blast the first trail was pretty cool winching and all
    at the end of it we got to watch a guy trying to make it up the ledge on the backdoor trail.
    To bad it took us so long to find one of the hammer trails. Dan great job wheeling on open diffs. After a lot of roaming around we found what we think is the aftershock trail we started on that but after a bit we figured it was to late to try and complete it, We will attempt that next time.
    Here is a link to the pictures I took

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/johnson-valley-ohv-/

awsome time art , had a blast even thou i lost the passenger front and back fender flairs it still was fun looking forward to going back !!

Comment

Well it looks like you ran into Brandon with his linked up YJ. You mean to tell me he didn't run Aftershock irregardless of the time of day? Wow!
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Me and the wife had a good time. Got to repair all the damage so I can go out again next weekend. Broken front spring perch, broke a weld on the rear perch and bent my front drive shaft a little. but it will all buff out in a day or two.

Thanks for the good time

Ryan and Sarah
        Rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Comment

Ryan and Sarah was great hanging out with you two got any pics to share? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
            awsome time art , had a blast even thou i lost the passenger front and back fender flairs it still was fun looking forward to going back !!
            New math:

Johnson Valley = Body Damage

Hammers = Carnage

JV+Hammers(xJeeps) = FUN

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What can an offroader say that math just sums it all up, like the add says Priceless

Comment

Barney those look like the bushwacker flares. I had them on my jeep. Everytime I ripped them off I just put bigger washers in. Then eventually the bigger washers didnt fit.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I guess joining the Bullfrog run in the Cougar buttes area in early November is next

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                    Barney those look like the bushwacker flares. I had them on my jeep. Everytime I ripped them off I just put bigger washers in. Then eventually the bigger washers didnt fit.
                    I ripped mine off also they are the best for muddin but they defiatly stick out too much if you go on those narrow trails.I ended up putting my stockers back on.

Comment

ya , i already used a couple big washers before to put them back , now its time for my flat fenders hehehe .....

Comment

I think I saw you guys leaving. We were camped right before the lakebed this weekend. Unfortunately we had to see 2 fire trucks, a highway patrolman, an ambulance and the flight for life helo on the lakebed as well. Last night just before darkness apparently there was a collision between a jeep and a quad. Then the sand storm hit and blew hard all night.
                        I ran sledge friday and Sunbonnet Saturday. We went up Sledge in about a half hour, but Sunbonnet took an hour and a half. It's pretty tough.

BTW, stock flares held on with zip ties works awesome. the zip ties break before the flares tear.
                        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Actually we saw the medevac also while working up a trail due north from the lake bed

Comment

elusive , we also seen you guys camping by the lake made me wish i brought the camper .......cold beer and grilled steak would of been great after all that , i think i might start the mods for a hammer ready rig !!!!

Comment

here's a few pics

Rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Comment

Working...
                              X