Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Today last minute

plans changed today , anybody up for a trail run this afternoon ( cleghorn,big bear etc. ) ......

Wish I could go, but the Jeep is in surgery (Again)...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Deleted for the greater good and the 5th amendment.
      Last edited by Jeeperator; 09-22-08, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Sorry Steve have to work tonight, hope to see you guys Thursday. Would love to try the Cucamonga big tree trail even though its still officially closed

Comment

I certainly hope no one from MJR drives in closed areas of the San Bernardino National Forest.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

If anybody posts anything else about driving on closed trails, bans will be issued. We have no tolerance for that crap here.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Nope I am not am waiting for it to officially open that I'll hike to the area with the big trees and the grinding holes. Will have to find out how far up the trail it is might make for a nice day hike

Comment

San Sevaine Road just n/o Nealy's Corner

Got this from rimoftheworld.net
                Sorry for the hijack.....

San Sevaine Road Now Open
                Roadway in Lytle Creek Canyon
                By Michael P. Neufeld
                Sunday, September 21, 2008

San Bernardino, CA. - The Front Country Ranger District of the San Bernardino National Forest has re-opened Forest Road 1N34 (San Sevaine Road).

San Sevaine Road, located in Lytle Creek Canyon has been closed for fire rehabilitation and hazardous tree removal. The project has been completed and the road is now accessible to the Joe Elliott Campground.

Fire Danger Very High (Photo by Michael P. Neufeld.)
                Forest visitors are reminded that the fire danger level remains high and current conditions are still very dry and serious. Please contact the local Ranger Station for fire restrictions before entering the forest.

For more information, contact Lytle Creek Ranger Station at (909) 382-2850 or the San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor's Office at (909) 382-2600. Data is also available by visiting the forest website at http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/.
                All slow and no show

Comment

1N34 San Sevaine opened on Saturday. It only goes as far as Joe Elliot campground. It no longer goes all the way to Cucamonga Canyon. Calamity Canyon washed away years ago and the last few folks who have tried to cross Calamity Canyon in a vehicle have paid dearly for their mistakes. We will likely never see Cucamonga Canyon open again to vehicular traffic.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

So any advice on hiking to cucamonga canyon?
                    Has been a while since I done some hiking

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      If anybody posts anything else about driving on closed trails, bans will be issued. We have no tolerance for that crap here.
                      The trail I was talking about has no signs or postings at all. Anyway went on it doesnt look like it was traveled on in years way overgrown. got about 1/2 way up and it looked too steep and had real loose dirt to go up plus it was way overgrown turned around and went back. I think it might of been a down trail only. oh well

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                        1N34 San Sevaine opened on Saturday. It only goes as far as Joe Elliot campground. It no longer goes all the way to Cucamonga Canyon. Calamity Canyon washed away years ago and the last few folks who have tried to cross Calamity Canyon in a vehicle have paid dearly for their mistakes. We will likely never see Cucamonga Canyon open again to vehicular traffic.
                        Where exactly is calamity canyon? Is that the trail off saphire road?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          So any advice on hiking to cucamonga canyon?
                          Has been a while since I done some hiking
                          I just called the USFS and they said those trails are closed the vehicle traffic.But hiking in is ok (like im going to do that).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                            Where exactly is calamity canyon? Is that the trail off saphire road?
                            Hi Beau,

Calamity is on the closed portion of the trail. It is about 6 miles up from the gate at Saphire. It is past the the cool switchbacks that we can see from our homes in Rancho Cucamonga. Too bad that the trail will probably never be reopened.

Hope to see you on the trails soon!
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                              Hi Beau,

Calamity is on the closed portion of the trail. It is about 6 miles up from the gate at Saphire. It is past the the cool switchbacks that we can see from our homes in Rancho Cucamonga. Too bad that the trail will probably never be reopened.

Hope to see you on the trails soon!
                              Is that the part where it crosses the rocky face of the big mountian? I kept asking usfs when they are going to open it and the lady wouldnt say. I did that trail all he way too lytle creek in my wifes 2000 crv.I followed a couple of jeeps. I used too go up there in my 1981 4x4 toyota truck in the snow. I would fill the bed up and bring it down for the kids in my neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                              X