X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Oceano Dunes (Pismo) Clean Up - CORRECTED

[COLOR="DarkRed"]VOLUNTEERS WANTED FOR DUNES CLEAN UP![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Sign-up at:[/COLOR] http://yourdunes.org/

Show the public that off-roaders care! Over 20 sponsors including the Poly Goats have raised big money for advertising -- a 1/2-page newspaper ad (below), 21 minutes of radio time, and Internet banner ads -- all to let the public know off-roaders are responsible.

Coastal Cleanup Day is a state-wide and even international event. [COLOR="Red"]Over 60 people have now signed-up! This is huge![/COLOR] This number is unprecedented, and now the environmentalists and the press are watching us. Those more off-roaders that show up, the better.

Today, I got an email from KCOY 12 TV in Santa Maria. I am working hard to get this event noticed. Now, it's up to everyone to show up.

My name is Kevin, and yourdunes.org is my doing; but it's the Poly Goats and many others that have made it possible. Contact me through my web site or call me at (805) 602-2616.

Clean-up Results:

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    *** 2008-Sep-20

OFF-ROADER DUNES CLEANUP #1 IN SLO COUNTY

OCEANO DUNES STATE VEHICLE RECREATION AREA

As promised, off-roaders topped all other San Luis Obispo County Coastal Cleanup Day efforts.

A total of 121 off-roaders and supporters picked up 630 lbs of trash, plus 130 lbs. of recyclables for a total of 760 lbs. This DOES NOT INCLUDE the efforts of Boy Scout Troop 322 who joined the off-roader team. The boy scouts are camped overnight in the dunes and will transport their trash out tomorrow.

The next best was Montana de Oro, at 550 lbs., then Grover Beach with 265 lbs.

A photo gallery is on-line here: http://yourdunes.org/gallery

Participants were served a burrito and hot-dog lunch and enjoyed multiple raffle prizes including restaurant gift certificates, free OHV rentals, and free gas.

Off-roaders, dunes supporters and their families appreciate our state vehicle recreation park. Of the many cleanups held annually by off-roaders at Oceano Dunes, Coastal Cleanup Day was a chance to demonstrate our concern and interest to the public. We are proud to have made such a large difference in SLO County.

Kevin Rice
    Your Dunes
    (805) 602-2616

Participants and sponsors:

Cal Poly Penguins Motorcycle Club
    Friends of Oceano Dunes
    Fin's Seafood Restaurant
    Old Juan's Cantina
    Splash Cafe
    Mama's Meatball - Fine Italian Restaurant
    Tio Alberto's Restaurant
    San Luis Motorsports
    Angello's ATV Rentals
    Arnie's ATV Rentals
    BJ's ATV Rentals
    Steve's ATV Rentals
    Central Coast Motorcycle Association
    SLO 4-Wheelers
    Santa Maria 4-Wheelers
    Poly Goats 4x4 Club
    California Off-Road Vehicle Association (CORVA)
    C&S Industrial Coatings
    Trace Firewood Sales
    SLORider.com
    American Sand Association
    Morgan Williams Graphic Design

Comment

I saw you guys there, I thought you were going to be there the previous week so when I saw everybody I was kind of surprised. Thank you for all your effort.
      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Working...
      X