Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploring Johnson Valley (While we still Can)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Exploring Johnson Valley (While we still Can)

Now that the weather is cooling a bit (Saturday forecast is 89F) it's a great time go get back out to the desert. As you all know we may be losing JV in a few years, so if you want to see what we are going to lose, plan on coming Saturday.

We'll be winding our way through the whole of JV. I'm sure we'll be covering over 100 miles.

This would be a great run for stock and semi-modified Jeeps. We won't be running the Hammers since that a trip all it's own for the big boys (and girls).

This is the desert so bring extra water, food, fuel, and clothing - oh and a hat!

Click here to register on the Calendar: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=2008-9-20&c=1

I hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Roger; 09-14-08, 07:21 AM.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger-

I would join you, but that is the weekend of Kids on Public Lands in Big Bear. I am committed to going to that event, and I hope you will consider it as well. I need some help with the gold panning and history demonstration at the Discovery Center. If you pushed JV back a week, I would go. Just a thought.

I agree that we need to get as many MJR folks out to explore JV, and to understand what we stand to lose without a fight. Let's not lose one grain of sand of JV!

-Brian
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Brian,

I know that the Kids on Public Lands is important, but so is JV. So with 3,000+ MJR members, we ought to be able to muster enough support for both events!

I really want to show the members what's out there and what we will loose.
      MJR moderator
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Sorry, Roger...a bunch of us will be at the Sportsman Warehouse putting on a show with the articulation ramp, etc from VV4W's, some of us at the KOPL deal in Big Bear, and I will be at the ProRock event volunteering for recovery in Cougar Buttes.
        The following weekend is the VV4W's FITD event in JV.

I hope you plan on doing this again so hopefully I could join you.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to do this run also, but too little advance notice, I'm already booked out through mid October
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
            Sorry, Roger...a bunch of us will be at the Sportsman Warehouse putting on a show with the articulation ramp, etc from VV4W's, some of us at the KOPL deal in Big Bear, and I will be at the ProRock event volunteering for recovery in Cougar Buttes.
            The following weekend is the VV4W's FITD event in JV.

I hope you plan on doing this again so hopefully I could join you.
            Hi Julie, I plan putting together other runs around JV in the near future. It's a great place and I want to enjoy it while I still can.

I realize there's several other other things going on this weekend also and I'm free this weekend, but I'm tied up the following weekend.

We'll catch you on the next one!
            Last edited by Roger; 09-14-08, 09:46 PM.
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
              Yeah, I'd like to do this run also, but too little advance notice, I'm already booked out through mid October
              Nathan,

I would have liked to give a longer notice but latley my schedule is always "last minute". I was keeping this weekend open for the run across the Mojave Trail that was posted, but it never happened. So it turns out I have a free Saturday and want to take advantage of it.

I will try to post up a JV run for the end of October also. Maybe we'll catch you on that one.
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

So far TDS SD & myself have signed up. If you are intersted, please let us know.

The NWS is now posting 85F for Saturday in JV - the weather just doesn't get any better than that!
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                X