Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anybody up for afternoon evening run?

Hi all I want to check out how well my antirock works on Saturday afternoon /evening. Anybody up for running this trail? either from the 15 rwy or backwards from the hwy 138 or both

ha art , want to do it both ways start before the sun goes down and finish the reverse way in the dark

Comment

Where are you planning on starting or stopping? I would love to knock the cob webs off the TJ.
      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Darn it!
        I will be at Magic Mountain all day.
        Can't make this one.

Scott

Comment

My kids have basketball games in Hesperia but maybe they will end early enough for me to make this run. Timing have screwed me the last few runs.

Comment

A few dumb q's as I don't know the trail.

1. Is there any trailer parking nearby?

2. If my s/o drives the jeep, is it doable on a dual sport? (she hates it when I am in the car with her)

3. From my internet search's it seems pretty mild, true or false?

4. Anything else I should know?

5. How built a truck do I need? Stock SUV, H2, Jeep Rubicon equivalent, tube chassis rock buggy?

Still playing with ideas. Last few weekends I have been wheeling and I like it that way. I really want to go if I get enough done on my dezert truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
              A few dumb q's as I don't know the trail.

1. Is there any trailer parking nearby?

2. If my s/o drives the jeep, is it doable on a dual sport? (she hates it when I am in the car with her)

3. From my internet search's it seems pretty mild, true or false?

4. Anything else I should know?

5. How built a truck do I need? Stock SUV, H2, Jeep Rubicon equivalent, tube chassis rock buggy?

Still playing with ideas. Last few weekends I have been wheeling and I like it that way. I really want to go if I get enough done on my dezert truck.
              1. There is space for parking a trailer at either end of the trail.

2. A dual sport rider will have a good time on this trail.

3. Mild is relative to your experience and rig capabilities. That said, the side trails of Cleghorn have some tough spots. Rigs have rolled on this trail. It is at its MOST difficult in the rain (can't wait for the next heavy rain!). This is a shot of one of the rigs on the last time that I ran it:

4. Overall, I'd call the trail moderate (when dry). The 'good stuff' is all the side trails, but if you don't like the looks of something, the fire road, that is the actually the main trail, is usually nearby.

5. I've done most of the trail in a stock Jeep, but at least one locker will make it easier.

I doubt that I will be joining you, but if I can work it out, please post up when and where you will be starting.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Sure Steve I don;t mind running it both ways at all
                Its fun running it from the other side in the dark
                makes a couple of the decents look hairy
                For running both ways figure on 6-7 hours though or am I to far of on that?
                I ran it from the back 2 saturdays ago and it was fun

Comment

that sounds about right on the time line , depending on how many rigs we have and much playing around we want to do . what time do you want to start at the 15 and cleghorn exit ? we can run it all the way to the 138 and if anyone wants to leave early they can and from there and we can head back the same way

Comment

Edit:

I will be in Ventura this weekend and unable to make it.

Hopefully next time.
                    Last edited by Beat98TJ; 09-12-08, 01:13 PM. Reason: change of plans.

Comment

Steve 4 or 5 pm sound about right?

Comment

lets head out @ 4:00 and that should get us heading back just as it gets dark from the 138 , everyone is welcome to join in just try and be at the trail head (15&cleghorn exit)before 4:00pm or 138 side between 7-8 heading back to the 15 .......channel # 6 OK with you art

Comment

Works for me have part of the airrock installed should be able to finish it when I get back from work

Comment

Got my project installed and done am ready to rock and roll

Comment

Im gonna be out there in a lil bit, Headed to buy some hunting gear at the bass pro shop, then going to run cleghorn. Mabey we will see you guys out there somewhere. White XJ black rims, 08 black rubicon lifted on 35s and mabey another blue xj

Comment

Working...
                              X