Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Jacoby/2N70Y/Heartbreak/

Had a Great run today in the Big Bear area. I met Scott (Dezertdog) in Lucerne and we cruised up Hwy 18 to Jacoby Canyon (3N61) and met up with Dave and Dalene (flatpoint), Randy and Carmen (mybrokenjeep). We hit the trail as a warm up to Heartbreak and things to come. Jacoby is a "Blue" trail and was a fun run with a couple of challenge spots. Only a 3 mile trail so we finished at 9:30am and drove to 2N02 to meet up with Mike (Malachi) who was to be our guide for the tougher trails. We drove across 2N02 to the Rose Mie area and did a little playing on some hills. One that I avoided before, was a breeze with the new found confidence thing. Next we continued east to 2N69Y and 2N71Y. Both rated "Black Diamond" but seemed moderate at best. A nice side trail that I've skipped in the past. Next was Heartbreak Ridge
    2N61Y. Rated "Black Diamond", this does have some interesting spots worthy of your attention. we all made it up the first big hill that has seen some erosion recently with the storms that have gone through the area. We continued through the area, exploring and ended up at the campground to check out the arrastra and take a break. Back to the trails we ended up checking out "Doc's Cabin" off 2N64Y. A cool intact single room cabin looking out towards the desert in the far distance. Mike then led us to Hwy 38 where we aired up and said our goodbyes.

Thanks, Dave, Dalene, Randy, Carmen, Scott, and Mike (Mr. Green) for an outstanding all day run through the mountains. We had broken cloud cover all day and a couple of sprinkles that kept the temps cool.

Mitch

Jacoby Canyon Start

Jacoby Canyon

Taking a break after the warm up trail

Scott the Dezertdog

Dave doing the Big Flex!

Randy and Carmen - Always made it look like a paved road

Added clearance with the tube fenders - Flexing good

Lunch break

Mike (Mr. Green) Working it hard!

great88 took an easier line from last week - No sweat!

Scott doing the hill

Randy and Carmen

Scott looking for the hardest line

"Doc's Cabin" on Onyx Peak

Airing up at Hwy 38

Nice pics looks like you guys had fun out there. The whole area is a blast to wheel in
    Last edited by aw12345; 09-07-08, 11:30 PM.

Comment

An Excellent Day of Wheelin'!

Great report Mitch. I'll just throw some photos in for fun:

Mitch tackling that fear factor of driving beside cliffs:

Several times today there was some nice flexing;

The trails were tougher on some than others:

Lot's of fun on the trails:

A brief visit to Doc's Cabin:

'Most' of my pics for the day can be found at this link:
      http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-7-08/?start=0

Thanks everyone for a great day with good company!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

A couple of video's

Randy and Carmen

Mr Green

Randy making the "hill" look easy

Cruising the mountains

Comment

WHOS PUP? What breed is it? Hes ADORABLE! Knocked out after a hard day of wheeling

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Tam,

That is Scott's (dezertdog) 2 month old puppy "TJ". He's Austrian Shepard / Pit mix. He played, slept, cruised, slept, ate, slept, drank water, slept.... A very cool Jeepin dog!

Mitch

Comment

nice pics.

Breaking in those tube fenders huh??
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Great report. Always look foward to monday morning to what adventures you took on over the weekend. You single guys are havin all the fun!! Might be hitting some big bear trails this saturday after watching some friends compete in the spring valley lake triathalon early saturday. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I'll have to say - I always look forward to reading any of the MJR trip reports on Monday mornings. Always great photos, occasionally people I know - and the best part is that you folks always stay on the trail . I never have to send a backchannel note to any of you asking to have a particular picture pulled because the vehicle was off the DVR.

(of the dozen or so BBS's I look at, so far you folks are unique in that)
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Guys... we had a great time as always! You guys really do ROCK!

Have to make a little side comment... This is our third trip out with Jeepers that we had not previously met (in person) only on MJR... What quality people we have met through MJR!

Starting out at Jacoby Canyon was fun... Great scenery and beautiful landscape! I bet after a winter this trail has a few streams on it that would be fun! Heading over to Heartbreak Ridge was nice. I forget the name of the mine Mitch lead us to, but it was really cool! and a fun ride down! The "hiking" really wore us out too!!! Coming across Doc's Cabin was really cool... not sure I would stay there over night, but looks interesting...

Great day with great folks! Here are a few of the shots taken by Mrs. MyBrokenJeep (Carmen)...

[CENTER]Starting point...

Glad this wasn't "Rolling Rock!"

A perfect day for wheeling!

What a view!

Mike (Malachi) leading us around to Heartbreak Ridge

Mitch, Thanks for putting this together!

Scott's (Dezertdog) new name is "Fearless!"

Dave and Dalene cheated most of the day! What's up with air conditioning? Maybe that's just my jealousy creeping in...

Caught a few rain drops... Wish it would have rained a little more...

Then, airing up and saying our Goodbye's
                    [/CENTER]
                    Last edited by MyBrokenJeep; 09-08-08, 08:30 AM.
                    Regards,
                    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

OOps!

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Tam,

That is Scott's (dezertdog) 2 month old puppy "TJ". He's Austrian Shepard / Pit mix. He played, slept, cruised, slept, ate, slept, drank water, slept.... A very cool Jeepin dog!

Mitch
                      Hey Mitch,
                      Couple of boo boo's...
                      He is a she
                      And she's an Australian / Pit mix.
                      These things happen when you type with one hand and cling to a beer with the other. :beer:

(I'll be a while with my pix as I am old school and have to get them developed.)

Scott

Comment

Sorry Scott,

I should have let you answer the questions about TJ. And you were right about the Cold One in one hand.... It turned into a late night, alot later than it should have! Lots of dust to wash down and also some celibrating of new accomplishments. Great trip.

Randy - That was the Rose Mine - and that trail you
                        guys went down was wild.

Mitch
                        Last edited by Mitch; 09-08-08, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                          Sorry Scott,

I should have let you answer the questions about TJ. And you were right about the Cold One in one hand.... It turned into a late night, alot later than it should have! Lots of dust to wash down and also some celibrating of new accomplishments. Great trip.

Randy - That was the Rose Mine - and that trail you
                          guys went down was wild.

Mitch
                          Oh no Mitch,
                          I loved your answer. Made me laugh.
                          Just thought I would correct the details as there are still 3 pups left if someone is interested, and they're free!
                          But that's off subject...
                          You had good reason to celebrate Mitch. I saw you do more to test that Jeep yesterday than I have in any of your many trail reports of the past.
                          It was cool to be there to see you break new ground.
                          CONGRATULATIONS!!

Scott
                          Last edited by Dezertdog; 09-08-08, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Here are my pix, tried to keep em different

Thanks again Mitch for getting a good group of folks together for a fun day on the trails.

Got some good shots of Mitch showing off his articulation, climbing hills, and just doing stuff he doesn't really do.
                            Good times!!

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshow

Scott

Comment

Clay,

I have a prior committment on Saturday otherwise I'd do John Bull with you and Steve. Next available weekend I'm on it.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X