Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Swamp Lake (High Sierra Poker Run)

Only one of my JK but lots of others. I led the 2 day run. Really a great time. If you have ever thought of doing the Dusy, think about this one first. You can do it in 1 day or do it over a weekend.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...shn/SWAMP2008/
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Pop Up

I had an Alpine Lite like that a few years ago. Beat sleeping in a tent. I was in the area last week doing the Dusey. Swamp lake is a good trail. Keeps you mind sharp on what line to take so you avoid all the banging underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
      I had an Alpine Lite like that a few years ago. Beat sleeping in a tent. I was in the area last week doing the Dusey. Swamp lake is a good trail. Keeps you mind sharp on what line to take so you avoid all the banging underneath.
      Are you the guy who came by the registration area on Sunday afternoon?

Comment

Sweet! Looks like a good time. Nice tent!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing. Really looks like you guys had a great time!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! How does Swamp Lake compare with Dusy? I've never been on either, but I was checking out your pics and it seemed like Swamp Lake was less extreme than the pics I've seen of Dusy. How would Swamp Lake compare as far as difficuly with trails like John Bull?
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Great pics Al. That's the first time I've seen the new rig. Sweet! Who owns that Chevy step side? I think I may have run into him on the Rubi. It looks real familiar.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                Thanks for sharing! How does Swamp Lake compare with Dusy? I've never been on either, but I was checking out your pics and it seemed like Swamp Lake was less extreme than the pics I've seen of Dusy. How would Swamp Lake compare as far as difficuly with trails like John Bull?
                A stock Jeep can make it through JB. Swamp is definately lockers required. Dusy and Swamp are very similiar. They are only a couple miles apart. Both have the same terrain. both are about equal in difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Great pics Al. That's the first time I've seen the new rig. Sweet! Who owns that Chevy step side? I think I may have run into him on the Rubi. It looks real familiar.
                  He ran only part of the trail with us. Mostly came to the area to bow hunt. He would have had some difficulty if he kept going.

Comment

Working...
                  X