Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear - Sunday 9/7?

Anyone interested in, or planning on running trails in Big Bear this weekend? I will be up there Sunday and would like to get together with a few people and make a run or two. I've run John Bull a few times, gold mountain, and dishpan...something new would be fun, but I'm up for anything.

Thanks!

Roadking... we are up for a run this Sunday... We did Dishpan, Gold Mountain, and John Bull last weekend, so a new trail would be nice. What did you have in mind?

MyBrokenJeep (Randy)
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Looks like we have both done the same runs...and unfortunately I haven't run anything else there. I emailed a friend that lives there and he might have some suggestions. I will post what I find out tomorrow.

I got a GPS and a guidebook...we could always go exploring

Comment

Paul / Randy,

I'll be running Jacoby Canyon and Heartbreak Ridge with a couple others on Sunday. I'm waiting for a time from Mike who will lead Heartbreak when we get there. Right now I'm thinking Lucerne @ 8:00am, air down at Jacoby 8:30, 2N02 trailhead at 10:00am.

Mitch

Comment

Jacoby Canyon and Heartbreak Ridge sound fun! I have heard alot about them but have not yet run them... Tombraider or Barney1, you up for this weekend?

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Paul / Randy,

I'll be running Jacoby Canyon and Heartbreak Ridge with a couple others on Sunday. I'm waiting for a time from Mike who will lead Heartbreak when we get there. Right now I'm thinking Lucerne @ 8:00am, air down at Jacoby 8:30, 2N02 trailhead at 10:00am.

Mitch
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

Jacoby Canyon and John Bull last weekend

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
            Roadking... we are up for a run this Sunday... We did Dishpan, Gold Mountain, and John Bull last weekend, so a new trail would be nice. What did you have in mind?

MyBrokenJeep (Randy)
            We were on Jacoby Canyon and John Bull last weekend (Saturday) did you get into the traffic jam created when a JK broke both drive shafts? We were held up for more than an hour while the nearly new JK got winched off the trail. The long weekend seemed to dramatically increase the traffic and of course the carnage. It added to the entertainment!
            Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Heartbreak ridge is fun, ran it last night see trail report just take some time out for it. It's out of the way my trip from Ontario to there and back came out to 166 miles round trip. Not as challenging as Johnbull, kinda like goldmountain just a lot longer.
              I am up for an afternoon or evening run would not mind climbing this rocky climb I saw on here on the white mountain trail

Comment

Paul / Randy,

Mitch
                This sounds fun...I haven't done either. I'll be up in Big Bear already, but I think the trail head is about half way between the two? Am I correct? Do you have GPS coordinates for the trail head?

I'm not much of n early morning person, but I can make it of you want an early start.

Comment

If you come up from Indio you might want to take the 38 up then do a search for Juniper flats campground
                  Its of 2n01. They start on 2n02 but the converge near 2n61y you could simply wait for them there would save you some driving. From where they start its quite a ways down in the souther direction to the trail

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    If you come up from Indio you might want to take the 38 up then do a search for Juniper flats campground
                    Its of 2n01. They start on 2n02 but the converge near 2n61y you could simply wait for them there would save you some driving. From where they start its quite a ways down in the souther direction to the trail

It sounded like they were going to start at Jacoby Canyon at 8:30, then Heartbreak at 10:00. I will be up in Big Bear Saturday night, and I looked up the start of Jacoby, off Hwy 18...closer to Big Bear than Lucerne (for me). We just need to confirm start time and locations.:thumbs_up

Comment

Paul,

I'm planning for Jacoby Canyon at Hwy 18 @ 8:30am and the 2N02 trailhead (Vail & Baldwin Lake Road) @ 10:00am. From there we will head east to Heartbreak Ridge.

Mitch

Comment

I'm In!

Paul / Randy,

Mitch
                        I'll meet y'all at Baldwin Lake at 10am. Looking forward to it!
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like we will be spending Saturday night in Big Bear and looking forward to meeting you guys Sunday morning... What CB channel will everyone be on? We generally run on channel 6 if you guys don't have a preference...

MyBrokenJeep.
                          Regards,
                          Randy

Comment

Mitch,

PM'd you...See you guys Sunday at 8:30 at Jacoby Cyn.

Comment

Randy,

Channel 4

Comment

Working...
                              X