Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: johnson valley/hammers

hey guys....last min camping trip. johnson valley. 9/5/08 to 9/7/08. I'll be leaving after work on friday to go. i'll get there when its dark. i've never been there and im looking for an adventure. let me know if you want to go. only two jeeps for sure going with another maybe.

Brandon
    OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Originally posted by OffRoadFreak View Post
    hey guys....last min camping trip. johnson valley. 9/5/08 to 9/7/08. I'll be leaving after work on friday to go. i'll get there when its dark. i've never been there and im looking for an adventure. let me know if you want to go. only two jeeps for sure going with another maybe.

Brandon
    what trails do you plan to run?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      what trails do you plan to run?
      That's what I want to know too! And on which days?
      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Well I've never been there. I am open to suggestions. I plan on wheeling both days. what do you guys suggest? I've heard some great things about the hammers and want to at least drive by them if not tackle them. I don't know what else is out there.
        OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

whats the requirements for running these trails?
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

on 33s you could do clawhammer. But any of the trails really require lockers and tons of body protection. I have done Sledge Hammer on 33s but it was a slow day. Cool trail though.

If you have never been there, you really need someone to show you around, it cant get complicated. Good luck though. I WAS going to be out there this weekend, but plans changed. If you guys cant go this weekend you should come out to the FITD!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Plan in stacking rocks, depending on your tire size will determine how many! Last time I did Claw it was tougher than Sledge, so plan accordingly. as for trail requirements I would recomend 35's, locked both ends and most importantly a good working WINCH. I'm sure you could make it with less however just depends on how hard you want to play and exersize the winch. Extra parts And armor, unless you like battle scars!

Sunbonnet, Jack and the Johnson's are fun too, as well as Aftershock. There are also some dunes to play on, lots of variety.

Comment

Working...
              X