Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: big bear / arrowhead report

since our fearless leader decided not to lead i took the lead for the group .....another perfect day the weather was great , we started off at the bridge at the beginning of dishpan (3n34) with 9 jeeps total everyone was well prepared so i knew it was going to be a good day . we headed for our first obstacle the waterfall and to my surprise we went for it and headed straight up it with only a couple having slight problem's with sliding off and giving a good pucker factor i even needed to assist pushing down the front end on one before he changed his mind and decided to go back the same way . after dishpan a couple decided to head for pilot rock and the rest headed for the afternoon run on johnbull , we lost 2 more jeeps on the way to JB with minor engine problems so just 4 of us headed for the trail running west to east what made for a interesting look going the opposite direction then most take , we waiting at the trail head to let a couple groups threw then went and of course we ran head on to 3-4 more groups what made for some excitment trying to pull over and clear the way , even with that we still got threw in quick time with just 4 well equip rigs .... great day looking forward to hitting the trails with the same group again . PS ; couldnt remember averyones name so i thought it would be best to not mention anyones but you know who you are ..... post pics if you have them !!!!!

Had a great time yesterday.You did a really good job
    of leading us through the trail.You picked a great
    line up the fall for us to fallow and thanks for
    spotting on top.We made it over to 2n33 then ran
    down 2n17x after leaving you.Got to run 2n17x up
    next time. hope to run agin with this group.
    You can make it

Comment

Climbing up 2n17x from the silverwoodlake dam is fun.
      Especially the one climb with the bypass, that thing is steep and the end of it you can play at pilot rock, then from there do dishpan or roam around the area

Comment

Dishpan

Barney1,
        Thanks again for the spotting on the falls and for holding my front end down. We had a great time. Looking forward to another trip. The wife was disappointed we couldn't finish with the JB run.
        Again, what was the brand of the bolt-on roll cage you had?
        Randy (My broken jeep) has our video from the run and will try and post it.

Steve and Patricia (Black 79 CJ-7)
        "It puts the Jeep on the rock"

Comment

your welcome steve , that roll cage is from rock hard 4x4 . john bull was fun going west to east maybe next time !

Comment

Barney... You rock!

Barney! You rock! Best spotting I think I have ever seen! Sure am glad you lead for us! If anyone wants to do the Holcomb Valley tour, I will lead that one!

Waterfall did definitely provide some pucker factor! I think I am still trying to relax...

Thanks to Mrs. Stickman, I do have some video to share with everyone... also thanks to Mrs. MyBrokenJeep we have tons of pictures... Let me know if you want them... Send me a message and we will figure out how to get them to you...

When do you guys want to go again? We would love to run with this group again!

MyBrokenJeep (Randy)

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
            since our fearless leader decided not to lead i took the lead for the group .....another perfect day the weather was great , we started off at the bridge at the beginning of dishpan (3n34) with 9 jeeps total everyone was well prepared so i knew it was going to be a good day . we headed for our first obstacle the waterfall and to my surprise we went for it and headed straight up it with only a couple having slight problem's with sliding off and giving a good pucker factor i even needed to assist pushing down the front end on one before he changed his mind and decided to go back the same way . after dishpan a couple decided to head for pilot rock and the rest headed for the afternoon run on johnbull , we lost 2 more jeeps on the way to JB with minor engine problems so just 4 of us headed for the trail running west to east what made for a interesting look going the opposite direction then most take , we waiting at the trail head to let a couple groups threw then went and of course we ran head on to 3-4 more groups what made for some excitment trying to pull over and clear the way , even with that we still got threw in quick time with just 4 well equip rigs .... great day looking forward to hitting the trails with the same group again . PS ; couldnt remember averyones name so i thought it would be best to not mention anyones but you know who you are ..... post pics if you have them !!!!!
            Regards,
            Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

borrowed pics added

Comment

As usual, My son and I had an awsome time. It was a little hair raising at the waterfall but I antisapate my keister letting go of the seat anyday now.

Comment

Cool pics. We were up there that weekend as well, but didn't hit up anything quite that hard.

Comment

Too funny... we all came to know a new degree of pucker factor on that fall... Mrs. Stickman got a great video of you guys climbing the falls... Let me know how you would like me to get it to you.

MyBrokenJeep (Randy)

Originally posted by hondatom View Post
                    As usual, My son and I had an awsome time. It was a little hair raising at the waterfall but I antisapate my keister letting go of the seat anyday now.
                    Regards,
                    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

Borrego, next time you should join us... we had a great group and great time!

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
                      Cool pics. We were up there that weekend as well, but didn't hit up anything quite that hard.
                      Regards,
                      Randy

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                        Borrego, next time you should join us... we had a great group and great time!
                        Hey, you bet! As long as you don't mind helping me through the gnarley stuff. I'm not locked at all yet but hey, that's what tow points are for right?

Comment

some cool air pics there. Makes me wish I got out this weekend.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Barney, you did a great job leading and spotting. Thanks for all the help and the ongoing lessons, I look forward to the next trip.

With any luck mabey my son will let me drive my jeep..hahaha.

It was a great group and a great trip.

Comment

For the guys who made the run with us on Saturday... if you will send me a message with your email address I can forward to you the pictures and videos we have... If you took pictures on the ride and would like to share them, please feel free to message me with that info too...
                              Regards,
                              Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X