Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: White Mountaiin Monday evening

Anyone want to run White mountain next Monday evening?
    Meet at the Valero on main street Hesperia around 4PM?

Oh by the way, leaving for Portland won't be back till Sunday morning. White mountain is basically 2 wheel drive trail, but nice evening right now, shame to waste them, Kevin.

Comment

White Mountain may be 2WD if you take all the bypasses, but if you're going to go the "normal way" (West to East/uphill) up Suicide, Cal 3 Wheel or Frustration in 2WD, please shoot video

Bear in mind that the "usual" route to get there (3N14) is closed at 3N12 north of Fawnskin to 3N16 at Big Pine Flats.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
        White Mountain may be 2WD if you take all the bypasses, but if you're going to go the "normal way" (West to East/uphill) up Suicide, Cal 3 Wheel or Frustration in 2WD, please shoot video

Bear in mind that the "usual" route to get there (3N14) is closed at 3N12 north of Fawnskin to 3N16 at Big Pine Flats.
        Not meaning to hyjack here, but is there a quick reference online to find out what trails are open?
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

A couple of ways. You can always ask me

Or, boring as it wuld be, you can check here:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/conditions/

which will get you this:

Butler 2 Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures.
          Butler Peak Lookout
          1W05 Hanna Flat Trail
          Hanna Flat Campground
          Grays Peak Group Campground
          Ironwood Group Campground
          Little Bear Springs Trail Camp
          2N06X Lower Larga Flat
          2N13 Snowslide and spur roads / Trails
          3N08 Holcomb Creek
          3N11 Wright Mine
          3N14 Coxey and spur roads/trails closed at 3N12 north of Fawnskin to 3N16 at Big Pine Flats.
          3N56
          3N93 Holcomb Creek
          Pacific Crest Trail - Big Bear Area- Now Open!

Slide Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures

Fredalba Trail from Forest boundary
          2N12X, 2W12 - OHV connector route (parallels 3N16 near Crab Flats)
          2N13 Snow Slide from Green Valley Campground to Fawnskin (3N14) (overlap Butler 2 closure)
          2N13D Crafts Peak from intersection with 2N13 to Crafts Peak
          2N19 Little Green Valley (including spurs 2N19A, 2N19B, and 2N19C) from intersection with Green Valley Lake Road near Camp Cedar Crest to Meadow Lane near the Green Valley Campground
          2N23 Allison Ranch Road from SR18 to the Scout Ranch (this is an administrative access road)
          2N54 (from 3N16 to 2N13)

Grass Valley Fire - Road Closures (Grass Valley & Slide Fire Closure Map PDF)

2N34 Tunnel Two from Junction of 2N37 to Fairway Drive
          2N34A Tunnel Two Spur from Sonoma Road to 2N34
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Well my partner and I just got back from White Mountain, spotted some deer, nice cool weather. Sorry nobody was able to join us. You missed a nice ride, Kevin.

Comment

Soooo...did you do White Mountain in 2wd? I was struggling in 4 with one locker.
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                  Soooo...did you do White Mountain in 2wd? I was struggling in 4 with one locker.
                  Yeah, the one stretch where we were glassing the deer, was rocky, and loose dirt, went into 4 for about 100 feet then back to 2. Scott and I,in my stock Grand Cherokee, with my daughter and Son-in-law in the Cruiser, who had never driven a 4x4, went up White Mountain. The main trail is not that hard. Kevin. Now try Max's trail by his house, that was fun.
                  Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 08-27-08, 07:38 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

Working...
                  X