Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear or Arrowhead Area

Anyone interested in doing any of the Big Bear or Arrowhead area trails this coming weekend? We were thinking of John Bull and/or Gold Mountain and/or Clarks Summit in the BB area and Cleghorn and/or 2N17X in the Arrowhead area...
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I am good for a saturday afternoon or evening run

Comment

what day you plan on running ??

Comment

We will be up there Friday thru Sunday... Any of those days works for us! We are most likely going to be camping at Holcomb Valley campground...
        Regards,
        Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

Good luck getting a spot at the campground. AVjeepfreak, VV jeepfreak and we got spots up there last weekend by showing up on Thursday! Most weekends it's filled by Thursday night. I'd plan on doing dispersed camping (although you can't have a campfire). The campground host was doing her best I guess...but she also said that people have been calling and are planning to get spots on Wednesdays and pay through the weekend just to be sure they have a spot.

Holcomb Campground this last weekend was our WORST experience camping EVER. If I weren't concerned about our camp getting valdalized while we were out hiking around the mountains...I would have had to knock some heads together at 3am.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

That is great insight! Thanks! I will definitely re-think our plans if vandalism or theft is an issue at this campsite...

Has anyone else had bad experiences at Holcomb Valley campground?

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            Good luck getting a spot at the campground. AVjeepfreak, VV jeepfreak and we got spots up there last weekend by showing up on Thursday! Most weekends it's filled by Thursday night. I'd plan on doing dispersed camping (although you can't have a campfire). The campground host was doing her best I guess...but she also said that people have been calling and are planning to get spots on Wednesdays and pay through the weekend just to be sure they have a spot.

Holcomb Campground this last weekend was our WORST experience camping EVER. If I weren't concerned about our camp getting valdalized while we were out hiking around the mountains...I would have had to knock some heads together at 3am.
            Regards,
            Randy

Comment

It can get out of hand because its far enough from pavement and most cell phones dont work good there, saw some hikers (kids )that said they where from there up on JohnBull last Sat. they where leaving a trail of juice bags as they walked,before you diperse camp check to see if is still a go with the fire danger what it is

Comment

mybrokenjeep, i'm in for saturday all day , what time does everyone want to meet up and what location .......

Comment

Barney... have you done Dishpan Springs before? We have not, but heard we should only do it with someone who has run it before... Your thoughts?

Randy

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                  mybrokenjeep, i'm in for saturday all day , what time does everyone want to meet up and what location .......
                  Regards,
                  Randy

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                    Barney... have you done Dishpan Springs before? We have not, but heard we should only do it with someone who has run it before... Your thoughts?

Randy
                    Hey brokenjeep,
                    Were you up at the Motel 6 a couple of weekends ago with another couple? I was the guy who came down and talked to you about the volunteer work on Holcomb.
                    Rat
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Rat Patrol... That was definitely us... interested in doing a trail or two this weekend?

Randy

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      Hey brokenjeep,
                      Were you up at the Motel 6 a couple of weekends ago with another couple? I was the guy who came down and talked to you about the volunteer work on Holcomb.
                      Rat
                      Regards,
                      Randy

Comment

Barney and me have both done dishpan springs, it's really not that hard a trail. Ran it last hear on 31's and open diffs

Comment

i think i ran it one time with mrbash on a sunday night run if that was the one with the water fall that i can remember nothing too hard , we can hit anyones you guys decide on

Comment

thanks art , i thought that was disphan ....you in for saturday afternoon if so we can meet up with you later saturday afternoon and try out that terra low

Comment

Sounds great! Can you guys make a Saturday mid-morning run? I am glad to hear that it is not as bad as we had heard... We are willing to meet anytime... Where would recommend meeting at?

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                              thanks art , i thought that was disphan ....you in for saturday afternoon if so we can meet up with you later saturday afternoon and try out that terra low
                              Regards,
                              Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X