X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Pismo Beach Clean up Sept 13

Copied from the Pirate Board

Pismo Beach Clean Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi , haven't really posted on here too much, but I thought this was a great reason to start. I am the current Polygoats 4WD club president at Cal Poly SLO, and I wanted to put this out there and see who wants to get involved.

On September 13th, the Polygoats will be helping out local enthusiasts (and some anti-OHV individuals out to make our community look bad) to clean up the Pismo dunes from 9 -12. This isn't a new thing for the off roading community, we do it all the time and don't need press there to pat us on the back, but when the people who want to shut us down go and clean up, they bring all their cameras and make us look like a bunch of jerks. Polygoats are going to be there outnumbering this anti-OHV group, and anyone else who wants to join in should feel free to come out and have a good time in paradise with us for a morning.

A local by the name of Kevin Rice got in touch with me about this clean up, and he is the one rallying the troops in this situation, but I thought why not lend a hand? This is all the information I have at the moment, but if you are interested in lending a hand, or want some photos of the clean up or anything like that, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
    Robert Murphy
    Polygoats President

The Boys from GenRight will be there! Hope more people gets involved Hell I will even break out the BBQ and have another Weiners for Wheelers Campaign!
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Originally posted by New2image View Post
    Copied from the Pirate Board

Pismo Beach Clean Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi , haven't really posted on here too much, but I thought this was a great reason to start. I am the current Polygoats 4WD club president at Cal Poly SLO, and I wanted to put this out there and see who wants to get involved.

On September 13th, the Polygoats will be helping out local enthusiasts (and some anti-OHV individuals out to make our community look bad) to clean up the Pismo dunes from 9 -12. This isn't a new thing for the off roading community, we do it all the time and don't need press there to pat us on the back, but when the people who want to shut us down go and clean up, they bring all their cameras and make us look like a bunch of jerks. Polygoats are going to be there outnumbering this anti-OHV group, and anyone else who wants to join in should feel free to come out and have a good time in paradise with us for a morning.

A local by the name of Kevin Rice got in touch with me about this clean up, and he is the one rallying the troops in this situation, but I thought why not lend a hand? This is all the information I have at the moment, but if you are interested in lending a hand, or want some photos of the clean up or anything like that, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
    Robert Murphy
    Polygoats President

The Boys from GenRight will be there! Hope more people gets involved Hell I will even break out the BBQ and have another Weiners for Wheelers Campaign!
    Well,
    I really don't care about the environment, but Weiners for Wheelers. Ohhh Yeahh Baby, I'm in!
    Is there a website with the info on where to meet and all that? Edit: Dumbass, read the whole post. Pirate 4x4... thanks.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I will always have a hot Weiner for you Kurt!:wink:

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Dude, you're scarin' me...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Dude, you're scarin' me...

I'm a burger man myself, but you guy's might want to give Stuart a call. I seem to remember a bumper sticker in Moab...

Shari and I might make this run with our quads. Camping on the beach at Pismo is always a good time, as long a the wind doesn't kick up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
            I'm a burger man myself, but you guy's might want to give Stuart a call. I seem to remember a bumper sticker in Moab...

Shari and I might make this run with our quads. Camping on the beach at Pismo is always a good time, as long a the wind doesn't kick up too much.
            Bringing the RZR also for jumping the Dunes!

Comment

Sounds like a good reason to go to Pismo. I will try to make it.

Comment

I was going to go that weekend but couldn't make it. So I'll be going the next weekend. Thanks for your efforts on keeping the dunes clean!
                WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Pismo clean up

Lets all just get along. from a lost solu, Pismo is in need of a clean up justlike Calico as well as many others, bring your quads. and gunny sacks, well git er done,,,C yall there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconcruiser View Post
                    Lets all just get along. from a lost solu, Pismo is in need of a clean up justlike Calico as well as many others, bring your quads. and gunny sacks, well git er done,,,C yall there.
                    Nice! Was waiting for some action!

Comment

Did your clean-up happen? I see the polygoats have posted a clean-up on Sept 20. If its the same one you can still attend this weekend.
                      http://yourdunes.org/

Comment

Hi-- I'm organizing the whole cleanup.

The correct date is THIS Saturday, the 20th. The bad information was completely my fault.

I'm going to start a new thread because of this error. I hope some of you guys can come.

Check out http://yourdunes.org/

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X