Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Afternoon run to Devil's Hole

Well this confirms the addiction comments! TJ Clay called this morning and asked "can you get away this afternoon for a run to Devil's Hole"? And I'm like Hell Yeah! So Clay and I met at 4:00pm in Hesperia and headed up Hwy 173 to the Pinnicles Staging area near Arrowhead. We took 3N34X (Blue) to 3N34 to the turn off for Devil's Hole. There is a narrow, very steep trail that drops down to Deep Creek and several pools to wade or swim in. Clay brought Casie the Springer Spaniel and as soon as she smelled the water she launched off the small bank and was swimming like a fish. Casie entertained us by bringing us everything that floated in the creek! It was shady and cool by the water. We headed back the same way that we came and took a couple of breaks for Casie to sniff out squrriels and birds. It was a little interesting on the way back heading into the setting sun. There is a long, rutted hill climb that also has deep moguls, made tougher with being blinded by the sun. We aired up at the bottom of Hwy 173 just after a awesome sunset. The view was so clear that I could actually see the southern end of the Sierras! What really struck me today was that was nobody out on the trails. We saw a pickup truck and 1 group of 2 bikes and a quad and that was it for 4 hours. So quite and peaceful during the week. Yes I have an addiction!!!

Thanks again Clay for a perfect afternoon run.

Mitch

Hwy 173 in the distance above the dam

I can't park on flat ground anymore!

3N34X

Casie looking for sticks to fetch

Incredible area - Deep Creek / Devil's Hole

Climbing back out from Deep Creek

Sunset Trick! Point directly at the sun and place your
    sunglasses in front of the lense

Waiting for the dark
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-07-08, 05:48 AM.

man mitch the jeep is lookin good
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Mitch & TJClay,

That beat's working any day! What a great trip to break up the work week! Oh I forgot, I have to work to buy Jeep parts
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Good time for sure. i'm almost always up for an afternoon run to get out of the hot weather and humdrum of the work week. And yes i too have to work for jeep parts along with the frivolous things like morgages and food.

Comment

Roger,

You can't fool us! You work so that you can buy your beautiful wife parts for her new quad! Your Jeep hasn't changed.

Mitch
          Last edited by Mitch; 08-08-08, 05:42 PM.

Comment

2 videos

Driving down the steep trail to Deep Creek

Casie the Springer Spaniel swimming and fetching sticks

Comment

Mitch,
              I don't know where that is but man is it ugly...
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt,

Are you talking about the scenery or my cheesey videos from my digital camera? I need to spend the money and buy a real video camera and learn the editing tricks! Maybe after the current round of Jeep upgrades. Should be ready to wheel and flex in 2 weeks.

Mitch

Comment

Do you take time off from your Jeep sch. to work?
                  :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

You know Dave,

Last week when I went out with TJClay, I was hesitant about turning off the work phone early and going out in the Jeep. But around noon that wednesday, I got a call about paving the Arrowhead Airport that we saw a couple of weeks ago off of 3N34 So I turned it into a work trip and felt OK with it.

I was thinking that the 4 day a week work schedule sounds rather cool. Roger seems to be adjusting just fine.

I should be OK for next weekend depending on when my new fenders show up.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                    X