Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Cleghorn and Sushi Run!

Three of us met this morning at 7:30am at Cleghorn trailhead for quick small group run through and a stop for Sushi lunch on Hwy 138. The supervisors, Mike (Malachi), Kurt (rat patrol) and I (great88) headed up the trail to see that I cruised through every obsticle that Cleghorn has to offer. And with the exception of "Pucker Hill" that is closed, I did every trail there. A little spotting, a couple of rocks placed once, and right on through!. This is my new favorite trail! The weather was great and you could see for miles. There was some extra traffic early on the trail (mountains bikes, Rhinos, quads, Jeeps, motorcycles...) but that thinned out as the morning progressed. A lot of tippy, steep stuff for me but no crying anymore.

After the run we stopped for lunch at the Sushi Bar on Hwy 138 for cold drinks and lots of sushi. We finished by air-ing up and went our ways.

Thank you Mike, and thank you Kurt for an awesome day. Good friends and good coaching.

Mitch

Rat Patrol, Great88, Mr Green

Mike air-ing out Mr Green

Climbing the hills

Going down to Silverwood

So how is the sushi at that place? Always thought about stopping there but I am picky about my raw fish.

Comment

John,

The sushi was suprisingly good. The restuarant is very clean and nice. There were 20 people eating when we came in at 12:30pm. After a warm dusty trail it was a welcome treat. I think that Mike eats there often.

Mitch

Comment

looks like fun mitch
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

A couple of videos....

Cruising down hill to the now closed Pucker Hill
          (Off-camber, downhill, while filmimg... what a big boy! Ha Ha Ha)

Follow the leader
          Last edited by Mitch; 08-03-08, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Cleghorn and Sushi Roll....

Mitch, you rock buddy! Great time man. Had a blast!
            Here's your vid:

Pics are here...
            Mitch

Mike

Last edited by RAT; 08-03-08, 08:09 PM.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like you had fun, GREAT88 have to ask, what has the vents you cut into your hood done for you. Would you do it again? Does the Jeep run a little cooler, because under hood temps are lower. Thinking of doing it to my LJ, any info helpful.
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Chips,

The hood vents did not lower my engine temp by 1 degree. The engine compartment seems to be cooler when running and the engine seems to cool off faster when stopped. Would I do it again? Not sure. Looks cool to me and doesn't seem to bring water into the engine compartment.

Mitch

Comment

Good video Rat! It was a great(88) day !

I ran tail gunner so most of my pics are of the back of Mitch's Jeep, but here are some of them:

Mitch using his rocker guard:

But the best feature was AIR MITCH! The Great88 had a tire in the air as often as not along the first part of the trail. Here are just some of the times that I was able to catch it on film:

Oh yeah, Rat Patrol was there too!

We were talking about running the trail in the reverse direction after we finished, but I think that Rat didn't want to wait until later:

It was a good time with good company.

BTW: If anyone has some front bumpstops for a YJ with a 4" lift, Mitch needs them BADLY. He was stuffing the tire in the fender so deep that it wouldn't turn the tire.

All of my pics for the run can be seen at this link:
                  http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-08/?start=all
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Great photo's and video guys!

Thanks

Mike I liked the one with the "Siderail Jockey" Kurt helping me, and this one...

Comment

Mitch, Looks like you're ready for John Bull. Maybe this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post

[COLOR=black]Nice shot. :thumbs_upMitch you’re a mad man. Looks like you got the v-notch down. How long till your conquering the hammers?[/COLOR]
                        Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

No interest in doing the Hammers (couldn't make anyways). But I'm ready for that Heartbreak Ridge trip! Is your Jeep back together and running? Lets set it up.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Chuck,

No interest in doing the Hammers (couldn't make anyways). But I'm ready for that Heartbreak Ridge trip! Is your Jeep back together and running? Lets set it up.

Mitch
                            Not quite. I got the motor mounted this weekend and will hopefully have skid installed next weekend. I had to fabricate a new portion of the floor pan to get the transfer case to fit. I also have to modify one header tube for the steering shaft. I should have just left it as is. As soon as I’m done I’ll PM you.
                            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              Not quite. I got the motor mounted this weekend and will hopefully have skid installed next weekend. I had to fabricate a new portion of the floor pan to get the transfer case to fit. I also have to modify one header tube for the steering shaft. I should have just left it as is. As soon as I’m done I’ll PM you.
                              I'd like to do Heratbreak again, if'en ya'll don't mind me tagging along...
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X