Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Cleghorn/Willow Creek/Devils Hole

Dave and I were planning to run 2N17X with Mr.Bash this morning, but with weekend work schedules we did Cleghorn instead. Dave and Dalene (flatpoint) met at my house in Hesperia at 6:45AM and drove down the Cajon Pass on 3N45 to Hwy 138 to Cleghorn to Meet Mr. Bash at 7:15AM. Shant took on us on the full tour of the side trails on Cleghorn. His rig is very capable considering it is open at both ends. The great88 continues to suprise me where it will go. We played at antenna hill and almost every side trail. I got stuck at one and backed down so that Dave could continue to follow Shant. This has become a favorite trail for me! As we hit the end of the trail, Shant needed to head off to work (Suit hanging in the backseat) and he departed back down the hill. My friend Justin showed up with his wife April and son Wyatt in their 06 TJ and they followed Dave and I up
    2N37(blue) from Silverwood to 2N33(green) to 2N34(green) Willow Springs. We did a zig zag to the Pinnacles Staging area and continued 3N34X(blue) to 3N34 to Squints Ranch (3N38)(blue). This is where the secluded Arrowhead Airport is. I met the owners of this awesome property and I toured the grounds, runway (with free roaming horses and cattle) and their home. Very nice people! We continued back to 3N34 to the turn off to Deep Creek and Devils Hole. This is a narrow trail that turns very steep as it decends to Devils Hole on Deep Creek. Once we got there I'm sure the temp dropped 20 degrees next to the beautiful stream and pools. This area will become a regular stop for the rest of the summer. Perfect for swimming and picnicing. Day use only! Time was running short so we headed back to the Pinnicles via
    3N34 (green). We continued to Hwy 173 and dropped back to Hesperia off the dirt road. Great views the whole way.

Another Fantastic day wheeling!!!!! Thanks, Shant, Dave, Dalene, Justin, April, And MR. Wyatt who just turned 5 yesterday!

Mitch

Mr Bash, great88, flatpoint at Cleghorn @ 15 Fwy

Mr Bash playing at the Antennas

Dave and Dalene at the Antennas

Shant climbing "The Rock"

Great88 playing "The Rock"

Dave getting the Big Flex!

Mr Bash climbing

A few postions that I have not been in before. Its amazing, just drive it like a Jeep!

Justin and family cruising to Willow Creek

More Willow Creek trail

Turn off to the Airport and "Lost Ranch"

Devils Hole / Deep Creek

The "Saturn Rock"

Looking down at Deep Creek from Hwy 173

Back to Hesperia 10 hours later!
    Last edited by Mitch; 07-27-08, 06:40 PM.

Now that there is a Great Report! :thumbs_up

I had a great time. Cleghorn sure is a favorite backyard trail, real close to home.

I captured some video and photos so I'll be posting those up later when I get home. I'm still at work.

Happy times!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Killer time, GREAT PEOPLE, and really using these 4 wheel drive things is so much fun!
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Looks and sounds like it was an excellent trip! Nice pics of Great88 in the V-Notch.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

That sure looks like a great way to spend the day.

Comment

A couple of videos...

Dave at Cleghorn

Mr Bash

Great88 - Self video - Breaking the safe rules - No cameraman!

Comment

This all day (10 hour) wheeling makes me hungry! So some dry rubbed Filet Mignon, Roasted corn, and Rock Salt Crusted Potato will hold me till next weekend!

Comment

Nice. Looks like you guys has some fun
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Wished I'd known that you were going up there. Scott in his Jeep, and I in my Grand Cherokee, and my son-in-law, and daughter, in the Cruiser, went up to white mountain, to try out the Cherokee. Was really surprise how the Cherokee did. Just had to pick your line, and try to stay on top of the rocks. cleghorn was my second choice, Kevin.

Comment

Kevin,

Between the naps and the other stuff.... Call me and set up a run! I'm into the small local stuff.

Mitch

Comment

mitch
                      man you seem to go wheelin every weekend!!!
                      i wish i could do that , anyway looks like a good run nice pics
                      cbrazor1
                      :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Cbrazor, He DOES go 4 wheeling every weekend.....
                        :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Any saturday or sunday afternoon for running clechorn or 2n17x is good for me. I just hate life in the mornings. Devils hole is sure a nice place isn't it

Comment

Ok Shant,

Where are the photo's and videos?

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              Ok Shant,

Where are the photo's and videos?

Mitch
                              Here you go buddy

Video of Cleghorn Ridge

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun: