Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right on, its a well built rig, chris is a straight up dude.

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
      big bear saturday was a blast , missed you schmo ....since joe could not make it tony and his wife took the lead going thru gold mountain (her driving) then john bull (him driving) the weather was perfect and the group was great we left the discovery center being 9-10 rigs and picked up 2-3 more at the trail head for a total 13 . Gold mountain is getting better and better the more times we run it maybe one day it will be a true black diamond , it was a little slow going but we all made threw the only real excitment was we had a pathfinder (sorry bad with names) show us up (jeeps) on the rock garden looks like i need bigger tires and more lift hehehe . after GM we headed for jb and said goodbye to one jeep that was heading home early for some upgrades . john bull was fun as usual only a couple hang ups but we all pitched in and got everyone threw , of course some rigs made it look easier then others . After jb trail we had a rest and then we all split up in differnt directions some headed home some headed out for a early dinner and some like myself headed out with double G and others ( 7 in total ) that we meet at the end of jb for a quick run threw a awsome little trail on the way down hwy 38 after it we said our good byes and split up again 4 of us headed down the mountain and the rest back up , other then a split sidewall there was only minor carnage ....... thanks again for tony taking lead i thought he was going to wear himself out before JB , bet you slept good last night ........ until next time , steve ....PS: shant you really need to get those saturday's off

Look slike I missed a great one....

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

I like this shot right here

Comment

DAMNIT!!!!

Now I gotta get back out to John Bull after watching all of those photos.

Comment

Hey Pat, I noticed you finally joined MJR, welcome...... now go to the my rock'n jeep place to check in...to get the warm welcome. Let me tell you theres always something going on here, you'll love it!

Comment

Originally posted by lbhsbz View Post
              I talked a couple of guys from work into buying it from Chris....they went halves on it. Jason was driving this trip...it was his first time off road. He did pretty good for a newb....I wish I had lockers, gears, and 36s on my first time out LOL...would've made things a bit easier.
              Hey man, you should have them join here. Looks like they are enjoying themselves thats great, he seemed like a really nice guy and was super stoked on it. I miss it now haha. If you guys have access to a welder you should make some sort of stopper on the front shackles so they cant invert. I had that happen on john bull and it was not pretty.
              Last edited by MendoZJ; 07-27-08, 06:44 PM.
              94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
              D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

Tony ... I'll go check in there.

Mendo, I was looking at the front end while we were out there, and I think the proper solution is to move the shackle hangers back about about 2 inches and run longer shackles. If I get the shackle angle at about 45° or so with weight on the axle, they shouldn't ever get to the point where they would invert. The shackle angle right now is a little to close to vertical IMO. I'll play with it and see what I can come up with. I've got a hoist and a couple forklifts to jack it around and see what happens.

I'll definately have Jason and Mario (guy's who bought your jeep) join MJR. Its a good crowd over here.

Comment

Sorry you missed Saturday Joe, nice weather in BB! myself and 3 other jeepers who attended the cal 4 wheel meeting caught up with the group at the beginning of JB, followed through and took a small group to Onyx summit and up lightning ridge. A short trail to end the day so everyone could get back home at a decent time. Looked like everyone had a great time. I would have liked to join up at Gold Mtn. with everyone earlier however our club participation at the Cal 4 wheel meeting was asked, so we split the day. Gold Mtn. is our adopt-a-trail so we get out there often and as posted, it's starting to look like a real black diamond with more challenges all the time! I had fun myself and always look forward to getting together with MJR.

Comment

Hey guys had a great time as always. Tony m you did a great job!
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

It was nice meeting everybody.It seems like the lines change all the time on those trails,somethin to look forward to every time..was kinda hopin for some rain to make it interesting,oh well..I enjoyed that run.

Comment

Working...
                      X