Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome trail report and pics/vids. I'm definitely planning to do this trail next year.
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I just got home from this little adventure. I'll have vids and pics posted as soon as I can.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hmmm...I gotta ask myself WTH am I driving all the way to Colorado next year for similar scenery and trails when this Gem is right in our back yard.
        Spectacular pics. I Gotta go soon.

Comment

Uh....WOW!!! Where? How far from Apple Valley?
          :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

that looks like a blast!
            nice pics and report.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              WOW . . . those pics are amazing . . . thanks for sharing Mike. Are all the trails up there pretty extreme?
              From what I have read and heard, the Dusy is the toughest of the lot, with Swamp Lake as a close second. I'd like to run Swamp sometime this summer, but I can't go on Labor Day weekend when IGOFSHN has a run.

Bald Mtn was pretty easy from my perspective. Other than a couple of spots, I'd call it moderate. I hear Brewer Lake is easy until the last half mile or so. The rest of the trails seem to be somewhere in between from the books that I have. I'd like to go back and run all of the rest!
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                Sorry i had to back out of this trip, looks like i eally missed a great time, but would't have been the same with out the wife and kids. My kids would have loved it, just our Rubicon adventure. Next time guys
                Dude! I so wish that you had been able to go. It was surreal.

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
                Uh....WOW!!! Where? How far from Apple Valley?
                Max7 can answer that better than I can, but my guess is that the Dusy trailhead is about 5.5 hours from the AV.
                Last edited by Mike; 07-25-08, 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Well,
                  Looks like Mike and Chuck already got the report started so I'll just post pics. I wish everyone that planned to could have come, you missed a Hell of a run. The scenery was unbelievable, the company, as usual was perfect, the food was way over the top, and the trail was a non-stop obstacle-fest. Everyone asked me how this trail compared to the Rubicon; I love the Rubi, and plan to go back next year. The Dusy and the Rubi don't compare at all. Two totally different trails. Both are awsome. The Dusy is tougher than the Rubi (with the exception of Little Sluice, of course). I like the fishing opportunities on the Dusy. Had great luck there at one of the lakes (West Lake). It's hard to fish when you're overwhelmed by the scenery, but Max and I managed to catch a few. Pretty little Rainbows.

Chicken Rock was cool; the view from the top was spectacular. Apparently it's a local thing to drive up there just to run Chicken Rock.

I had to keep an eye on this guy the whole time. Always trying to pee in the streams... jk

Some of the locals

The crew at Courtright Reservoir:

Oh yes, we crawled over a few rocks

10,000 feet above the frey

It was like a 33 mile long Zen Garden

vids:

The rest of the pics are here, and more are on the way...
                  http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...02008/?start=0
                  Last edited by RAT; 07-26-08, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Amazing trip, thanks for the interlude. This trail is near me and I will run it one day when my jeep grows up.

I've been working 7 days a week and have not been out all summer. I really appreciate the pics.

Comment

Stay tuned pics comming...

I'll have my pics up this week. I had a lot to catch up with these past couple days... Thanks again you guys, I had a great time.
                      Best, Max7
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

wow that is amazing! This trail has been on my list for a while now, I hope I get to do it soon.
                        94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
                        D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

Those are some great pics! I really enjoyed that trail and would love to do it again someday!
                          Built Not Bought
                          1986 B2

Comment

Great pics and reports, I'll be running the trail over Labor Day myself, looks awsome, can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Double G View Post
                              Great pics and reports, I'll be running the trail over Labor Day myself, looks awsome, can't wait!
                              If you're a fisherman, I HIGHLY recommend East Lake. Have fun and enjoy...

Comment

Trying to do this run over labor day weekend with Dennis from Xtreme Rubicons.
                                It looks awesome!
                                2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Working...
                                X