Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 3N61 / Jacoby Canyon, Dusk Run

On the 18th I ran 3N61 / Jacoby Canyon at nite. (see my trail report) I got responses back from a few, saying they'd be interested in doing that run. So I'm putting the feeler out to see if anyone wants to try and get together and run the trail this Friday
    7/25/08, weather permitting of course.

I thought maybe we could meet at the Chevron in Lucerne Valley about 6:30 or 7:00pm and be at the trail head by 7:30 or 8:00pm to air down. If your interested in going out and having a nice easy nite time trail ride then either PM me or leave a comment here.

I'm no trail boss! So, I'm open to suggestions. I'm sure that if we get a few people to go, It will be alot of fun!!

See ya, Scott
    It's a definate yes!
    46.15%
    It's a difinate Maybe.........
    23.08%
    Love to,....but not this time!
    30.77%

The poll is expired.

"I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

I don't know how late everyone would want to be out but, when I ran this the other nite, 3N61 took about an hour and a half or so to run and then the ride along 3N16 to Big Pine Flats then 3N14 into Apple Valley took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours and that was practicly non stop. I didn't get back home until about 1:00am. Like I said, If anyone has a suggestion for a shorter run after Jacoby Canyon.... I'm game!

-Scott

Comment

Scott,

I'm pretty sure I can go. I'll confirm within a day or two. I look forward to this!

Oh, BTW, the Cheveron is now a Valero Station.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I can make this one. I'll be leaving Ontario at 6:00pm and should be at trail head by 8:00pm. Can anyone direct me to trail head on google maps. I'm thinkin trail head is at 3N16 and Holcomb Valley rd by Baldwin lake but I am not sure, I've never ran jacoby before.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          I can make this one. I'll be leaving Ontario at 6:00pm and should be at trail head by 8:00pm. Can anyone direct me to trail head on google maps. I'm thinkin trail head is at 3N16 and Holcomb Valley rd by Baldwin lake but I am not sure, I've never ran jacoby before.
          Best bet would try to make it to the Valero Gas station in Lucerne Valley if you can. If you leave Ontario by 6:00 PM you should make LV by 7:00 PM okay - just don't dilly-dalley!

The trail head is at the 6000' ft marker on Hwy 18 above the Mitsubishi Cement plant.
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Best bet would try to make it to the Valero Gas station in Lucerne Valley if you can. If you leave Ontario by 6:00 PM you should make LV by 7:00 PM okay - just don't dilly-dalley!

The trail head is at the 6000' ft marker on Hwy 18 above the Mitsubishi Cement plant.
            It wouldn't make sense to drive out to Lucerne Valley and then back to hwy 18, it's 47 miles from Ontario and with Friday traffic one hour is not enough time to get to Lucerne.

Comment

Sounds like fun, never been on a night run yet. Or Jacoby Canyon for that matter. But I work swing shift and can't make it on Friday.
              Maybe next time.

Scott

Comment

OK I found two entrances to the trail, one north entrance and one south entrance.

North Entrance

South Entrance

The North entrance starts from HWy18 (which is the one I am guessing you will be starting) and the south entrance starts on 3N16.

So which one will you be starting from and what channel will you be on the CB Radio?

Comment

I just say your mention of the trail head starting on the 18 HWY. I think I should be able to make this one just fine. Looking forward to it.

-Shant

Comment

Finally im not working, lol I will be there. The last night we did was great. I call ya when ya get off work to figure out what time ill be at ya house bro, then head out from there.
                    An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

What about a goldmountain and Jacoby run on a saturday or sunday night? Week day nights have got me slaving away at work unfortunately.

Comment

That would be a fun and melo run.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I thought so........

Scott,

I'm pretty sure I can go. I'll confirm within a day or two. I look forward to this!

Oh, BTW, the Cheveron is now a Valero Station.
                          Hey Roger,

I thought I saw that had changed the last time I was by there but wasn't sure!! So, The Valero gas station in Lucerne Valley will be the meeting point between 6:30 and 7:00pm. Should only take about 20 or 30 mins to get up to the trail head from there.

MrBash,

If you are comming up Hwy 18 into Big Bear from the Valley side take North Shore Dr through Fawnskin and just keep comming over the mountain on Hwy 18 like your going to Lucerne Valley and come down to the 6000ft marker. It will be a left hand turn onto 3N61. Don't take Holcomb Valley Rd, it will take you to the top of Jacoby. We are starting at the bottom (The North Entrance) along Hwy 18.

I'm looking forward to it, See you there!

Comment

Sorry!

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                            Sounds like fun, never been on a night run yet. Or Jacoby Canyon for that matter. But I work swing shift and can't make it on Friday.
                            Maybe next time.

Scott
                            Dezertdog,

Sorry to here that both you and Art (aw12345) are workin! But, If anything chages we'd love to have you guys join us!

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                              Dezertdog,

Sorry to here that both you and Art (aw12345) are workin! But, If anything chages we'd love to have you guys join us!

-Scott
                              If they will send me their bosses phone numbers, I can get them fired. Then they'ed be able to go with us. No need to thank me, I consider it public service.
                              MJR moderator
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X