Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a good time ...... still waiting to hit cleghorn in reverse at night !!

Comment

Now that I am fully rested and ready to do a trail report here it goes...

we met at the small diner on Hwy 18 and proceeded throuhg Green Valley RD and up 3N16 to 3N34. Dishpan Springs is kind of like John Bull but I found Dishpan Springs to be more fun and more challenging. The "waterfall" section is the best spot. I tried to get through some funky spots but my open diffs kept me limited. Thanks to the help of Steve, Art, Frank and his brother Andrew, I got through just fine with the great spotting they provided. We hung out at the bottom of the "waterfall" for about 1/2 an hour as I had a quick bite to eat and watched two other Jeeps go up the "waterfall". We proceed through the trail and shortly after ran into a YJ broke down on the trail (bad starter). We helped the guys out by towing them with the strap to a shady spot. I lended them some tools and after about 15 minutes under the jeep, the owner of the YJ got her fired up and they were on their way.

We then proceeded on dishpan and we passed through the bridge and all was beautiful.

We had quite the drive on 3N34 and I made a wrong turn onto 3N34D wich let us to Deep Creek. I;m glad I made a wrong turn because Deep Creek is a beautiful and peaceful area to spend a day wit the family. I took a few photos and I am planning on heading back to Deep Creek tomorrow to enjoy a full day of fishing and barbeque.

We went back up 3N34d and onto the correct path which led us to Pinnacles staging area. After that we took HWY 173 and onto 2N33 (Pilot Rock) where we played at the rock garden for a about 1/2 an hour.

When we finished Pilot rock it was 8:20pm and some of us had to work the next day so we called it a day and didn't get to run through Cleghorn as we had planned.

Oh Well Steve, it just gives us another reason to run Cleghorn another day....just call me anytime and we'll make it happen.

All in all, I had a wonderful time and it was a great drive. 3N34 has a lot of great views, lots of plants to see, different rock formations and we saw a pair of Mule Deer with big-O years.

I'm headed back to deep creek tomorrow and I'm taking an F150 buddy of mine up Cleghorn at 4:00pm.

Happy times....the video should be ready in a few days.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Again, i had a great time out with this group on Dishpan and Deep creek. Can't wait to do clegorn East to West at night. Bash, let us know how the fishing is down in deep creek.
        Last edited by Rotoe Wash; 07-21-08, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Here is a link to the pics I took

http://public.fotki.com/waagnl/dishpan-and-pilot-rock/

Comment

Nice photos. Dish pan looks like a fun trail. I'd be up for that.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Video of Dishpan Springs

Video of Dishpan Springs

Sorry Art, unfortunately my camera guy did not get any wheeling footage of you. Next time I'll be sure to catch ya...
              Last edited by MrBash; 07-22-08, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Mr Bash,

Awesome video as always! The night time video really turnrd out nice with the underside lights.

Comment

cool video ..... bash you need to show me how to post on youtube and i'll start to bring my camera or camcorder , whats better is you just keep up the great work ......

Comment

Well I just got home from Dishpan Springs (AGAIN!). I had to go back and run it the other way, plus I promised my F150 buddy I would take him offroading today. That F150 is one Big Ass Truck and it seemed like it doubled in size when we hit the trail. When we got to the entrance my buddy saw the first rock climb and his eyes fell out of their socket. With a little guiding and back & forth manuevering, we made it just fine. We went up to the waterfall where I played around a little in the Bash Mobile and then we turned back and went to Deep Creek again. I found out that Deep Creek spot is called Devils Hole...scary name. My buddy caught a small trout which he safely released. Happy times as usual and can't wait to go back for a real night run on Dishpan

Oh BTW, this time i got some body damage. I scraped the sh!t out of my door and qaurter panel. Oh well...

Here are some photos

Comment

Cool now maybe time to start thinking about running Gold mountain and Jacoby as a night run from there we can try John Bull as a night run that ought to be interesting

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                      Well I just got home from Dishpan Springs (AGAIN!). I had to go back and run it the other way, plus I promised my F150 buddy I would take him offroading today. That F150 is one Big Ass Truck and it seemed like it doubled in size when we hit the trail. When we got to the entrance my buddy saw the first rock climb and his eyes fell out of their socket. With a little guiding and back & forth manuevering, we made it just fine. We went up to the waterfall where I played around a little in the Bash Mobile and then we turned back and went to Deep Creek again. I found out that Deep Creek spot is called Devils Hole...scary name. My buddy caught a small trout which he safely released. Happy times as usual and can't wait to go back for a real night run on Dishpan

Oh BTW, this time i got some body damage. I scraped the sh!t out of my door and qaurter panel. Oh well...

Here are some photos

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Mr Bash,

Awesome video as always! The night time video really turnrd out nice with the underside lights.
                        Thank You Mitch!

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                          cool video ..... bash you need to show me how to post on youtube and i'll start to bring my camera or camcorder , whats better is you just keep up the great work ......
                          Thanks Steve. Now you see why taking video and pictures are so important.

Uploading on youtube is easy. First you need to open an account(which is free). Then you follow the directions in the "my accout" page where you can upload your videos. I can guide you over the phone if you'ld like...

Comment

Working...
                          X