Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Moab , Utah

Went on vacation to Moab, Utah. Friday ran Pritchard Canyon. As the wife and I were going up, next to a drop off of 100 ft? a tour boat cruising down the Colorado, stopped and turned the boat around so his tourist could watch us go up. Pritchards is a tough trail, and for someone who doesn't like heights, I made it a point to not look down. Onece on top you get a beautiful view of the city and valley. Saturday we went out to poison Syder, and hooked up with the Red Rock 4 Wheelers. What a nice bunch of people. Poison sypder starts about six miles south west of town. It was a full day. we did Launching pad, Eagles nest, No left turn, Golden Spike and many others that I can't remember the names. Ended the day about 10 miles north of town. One part of the trail, they were going of an off camber, rocky situation, where a new Rubicon almost laid it over. There was a cliff dropoff that looked a whole lot better to me, so I hooked up my 5 point harness and started down. The last 3 feet was straight down, and I stood the Cruiser on its nose. Thank God for my tow bar, which hit, then pushed me back against the wall. Started to pull ahead and got my trailer hitch stuck on the wall, leaving my rear tires spinning in the air. Now this wall is vertical the last 3 feet, and as I worked the front end to pull forward, gently, the rear tires come down to earth, and then I drag my spare tire on the wall. Hah, made it. The four vehicles behind me decide to follow my line after we put a couple of rocks at the bottom to lessen the angle of descent. What a trip. Sunday the wife and I sleep in, Laundry, puttsy around town, and just hang out. Okay,hanging out and relaxing Sucks, so off to Hell revenge we go. Now they run tour groups out to this area in big old Hummers, and we tied in with them. Figured if we got into troube they surely wouldn't leave us. Cruised further out East just to locate trails and to see the country side. what a pretty area, and for those who have never been, whether stock or modified, you should go. We were there for 3 days of wheeling, and only scatched the surface. They have trails for every vehicle from stock to modified. Lots of beautful country. Will try to post pictures later, if I can figure out how to do it. As a group, we should make our own plans to go to Moab in the spring. I'm told that when they have the big Jeep rallies, it quite a zoo. Hint, Hint, Kevin.

I agree with you, Moab is a must do over place...
    not just for wheeling, mountain bike or having fun at the river...

Pritchard Canyon pics of my trip... I need to bring my wife there, perfect excuse to do it again!!!

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=139

Roberto

Comment

What was weird to me, was that in town they have a Ford dealership. Nothing but Jeeps running around, every model and make. Now I know I may be a bit warped, but I was thinking, maybe a Jeep dealership? The wife and I were cruising around main street, and people in their Jeeps are giving me the thumbs up sign. Here I am in my old $1.98 paint job cruiser, and people in their expensive Jeeps are giving me the thumbs up. That whole 4 days we were there, I saw only one other Landcruiser, and he was with their Emergency Medical services. So at least we weren't the only Cruiser in town. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures, anybody want to help, Kevin.

Comment

Hey Kevin, I can help with the pics. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you got so far.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Kevin, the reason all them Jeep folks were giving you the thumbs up is because they flip the thumb instead of the bird in Moab. Hahahahaaa... Freakin toyota people.

WHo loves ya baby? Moab makes you want to never come back to this place, that's for sure. Lets go back next spring.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kevin, create an user at Kodak Gallery and shared from there... or any other sharing pictures site...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Hey Kevin, the reason all them Jeep folks were giving you the thumbs up is because they flip the thumb instead of the bird in Moab. Hahahahaaa... Freakin toyota people.

WHo loves ya baby? Moab makes you want to never come back to this place, that's for sure. Lets go back next spring.
              Well maybe your right Rat, but at least I know that I'm number 1. LOL Nothing like being the Red headed bastard child. LOL, Kevin

Comment

I went right after the jeep safari, great place! Sounds like you did Moab rim while overlooking the river with the drops. You have to pay to get into Prichett, private land. Our group was there for a week and there was still plenty of trails to do, can't wait to go again glad you had a fun time!

Comment

Working...
                X