Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Shooting and Crawling

I met with Dave and Dalene (flatpoint) and Dave's friend Wayne and his step daughter at 6:00am in Apple Valley this morning. After 8 hours in the Jeep yesterday, my but didn't want to respond to the 4:30am alarm!

We headed out Camp Rock Road to a secluded shooting at the back out of a canyon. This spot has hay bales to sit on and a sturdy wood table for all of the shooting goodies. Between the 3 guys, we brought 21 guns to shoot. Dalene has shot before, but still impresses me cause she will shoot any gun. And to top it off, Maggie is only 16 and had not shot a shotgun before. After the first hour, Maggie was shooting Dave's 20 gauge, and was hitting 7 out of 10 clays! We all shot on and off for about 5 hours and I suggested a run over to Cougar Buttes on the way out.

After yesterdays fun in the rocks at the Buttes, I couldn't wait. Wayne cruised through some of the spots, but a full size 4x4 truck does have it's limits. Dave and I ran some short trails that Brian had shown me yesterday and then found a great freestanding rock to go up and over and back up and over. So many things to see and play on. Another awesome day!!!

Mitch

Secluded shooting spot!

Wayne shooting Daves 45-70 Rifle

Safe and orginized area

Maggie getting serious

Couger Buttes / Going up and over!

Dave and Dalene

Last edited by Mitch; 07-13-08, 05:11 PM.

The NEW gatekeeper!

Maggie (20ga) and Wayne (12ga)

Dave (12ga) shooting doubles

Comment

Gate keeper hell, looks more like the terminator. Mitch it becoming entirely painful to see you having so much fun. Don't you realize that a man your age, should be kicking back in your rocking chair? Drinking butter milk, and resting? I'm only thinking about what is best for you. Kevin.

Comment

Kevin,

I'm only keeping up this pace because someone has to hit the trails to make up for the people who have families, obligations, chores, honey do's, and in your case are just too old and tired! Maybe I'll take next weekend off.... naw I was just joking. Haaa Last time I called for you I was told that you were taking a nap. Sorry

Mitch

Comment

I think we may have created a MONSTER

Did I read correctly that Mitch suggested they head over to Cougar Buttes to play in the rocks........Mitch we are headed to Claw Hammer.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Learning from the best

Hey Mitch..........when you are ready to take the next step into the world of crawling and learning what your jeep can do, let me make a few suggestions....

Mike & Sharon (Malachi).....can flat out drive.
            Max (Max 7).....has not met an obstacle he wouldn't try.
            Kurt (Rat Patrol).......has developed a unique combination of finesse and skill few have.

You should do some runs with these folks when you have the chance. They all have the patience and experience to make for an enjoyable day.

Looks like you are bucking for a promotion to a 9!

Cheers,
            -Brian
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Kevin,

I'm only keeping up this pace because someone has to hit the trails to make up for the people who have families, obligations, chores, honey do's, and in your case are just too old and tired! Maybe I'll take next weekend off.... naw I was just joking. Haaa Last time I called for you I was told that you were taking a nap. Sorry

Mitch
              Haven't quit laughing yet, time for my nap, Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                Mike & Sharon (Malachi).....can flat out drive.
                Max (Max 7).....has not met an obstacle he wouldn't try.
                Kurt (Rat Patrol).......has developed a unique combination of finesse and skill few have.
                Having wheeled with all of them myself, I whole-heartedly agree. Well said Brian!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Mitch I am really pissed off....

...That I missed that awesome run! will be in touch bud, we gotta go shooting!
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

As always, bad ass time! The "Rock" was too much fun,eh? Yes, Mitch, LJ's do drag ass somtimes!
                    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Wow Mitch, you weren't kidding. :thumbs_upI responded to your meesage and we'll set something up.
                      Check out .

Comment

Girls with guns and jeeps! Awesome!

Comment

The coolest part of the "Girls with Guns" is that these girls could REALLY shoot!! This was a perfect, relaxing day.

Mitch

Comment

I'll second that, Mitch. Maggie,(16, 17 yrs. old) was busting clays 15 yrds. out of the thrower most every time after 30 minutes with a 20 ga. pump,(her FIRST TIME SHOOTING!)My girl has become the recoil queen, no firearm too big. Good time!
                            :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

The more I read on this site, the more I realize that I am in the right place. I look forward to the day I meet you folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X