Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    I think I did this early on in the trail. I turtled on a big rock and it took a little bit to get off of it. Where I did the damage was towing it home. Went at least thirty miles at 70 MPH before the vibrations got bad enough to feel in the truck. It rattled the driving lights loose on the bumper, the winch line started to pay out, all of the greased joints in the steering and suspension puked all the grease out, the bolts that hold the seats in came loose, and God only knows what else I did to my baby. I think the Rat may be OOC for a while. The transfer case is puking oil just sitting still, so I think I cracked it somewhere. Oh, and the DS LCA is bent about 3 inches. I know I was tired on the drive home, but that was a stupid mistake a newbee would'nt make. I'm pissed!
    wow... bummer Kurt. So does this mean no FITD for Rat? Maybe we can both ride shotgun for the event. My jeep is just getting put back together and should.....(knock on wood) be put back together tmr. Hopefully nothing got too damaged
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      wow... bummer Kurt. So does this mean no FITD for Rat? Maybe we can both ride shotgun for the event. My jeep is just getting put back together and should.....(knock on wood) be put back together tmr. Hopefully nothing got too damaged
      I'll be at FITD. Most of the damage is already fixed and the rest will be this weekend.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        I'll be at FITD. Most of the damage is already fixed and the rest will be this weekend.
        If you have the same luck this year you may have a new Jeep soon.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
          what kind of brace did you get Mike? Does the steering box with 33's stress that bad?
          I don't know what brand that I have, but it looks like this:

I had Apple Valley Town & Country Tire put it on for me. They did a very good job of welding the mount into place instead of just using the self tapping bolts that came with it. I am really beginning to like these guys.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

box on mine is more square. But same price. I am gonna see about getting one soon. thanks
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
            X