Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's play a game. Who can guess by looking at this picture, where I did it and how much collateral damage was done? BTW, this shaft is brand new, just installed prior to the run. When I screw the pooch, it walks funny for a very long time... and I'll be walking funny when the repair costs are totaled up!

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Rat, I am guessing it happened driving on the street.

So what did I win?

Calico man. I need someone to do gatekeeper with.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

That looks like damage from you flat towing it in the mall parking lot.
        Did i win a Spider 9 ?
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Ouch Rat! Where did you do that?

I have a steering gearbox to add to the carnage. Mine's pooched! Must have gotten the frame torked one too many times.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Ouch Rat! Where did you do that?

I have a steering gearbox to add to the carnage. Mine's pooched! Must have gotten the frame torked one too many times.
            I think I did this early on in the trail. I turtled on a big rock and it took a little bit to get off of it. Where I did the damage was towing it home. Went at least thirty miles at 70 MPH before the vibrations got bad enough to feel in the truck. It rattled the driving lights loose on the bumper, the winch line started to pay out, all of the greased joints in the steering and suspension puked all the grease out, the bolts that hold the seats in came loose, and God only knows what else I did to my baby. I think the Rat may be OOC for a while. The transfer case is puking oil just sitting still, so I think I cracked it somewhere. Oh, and the DS LCA is bent about 3 inches. I know I was tired on the drive home, but that was a stupid mistake a newbee would'nt make. I'm pissed!

Comment

That truly sucks there Kurt, I just saw a comercial for a stop leak product that works on that exact leak. Pour it in and its just like new !!!!! Or just drain fluid and install some of that heavy duty gear oil with alot of sawdust in it
              moon buggy

Comment

I know this is off the original post and is not to be mean to you Kurt( we love you like family) didn't all you guys wonder what the hubs were for ? wouldn't unlocking your front hubs have saved your front driveline?

Sergio did you figure out what was up with your front hub ?
                moon buggy

Comment

Holy cow man. That sucks!

I hope you get it back together. I didnt know it did all that damage.

I did scare Sergio when I was walking up to them on the highway.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                    I know this is off the original post and is not to be mean to you Kurt( we love you like family) didn't all you guys wonder what the hubs were for ? wouldn't unlocking your front hubs have saved your front driveline?

Sergio did you figure out what was up with your front hub ?
                    I guess you can just give me yours when you take them off

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      I guess you can just give me yours when you take them off
                      No Kurt save yourself alot of time and keep what you got. it wouldn't be wheeling if i wasn't breaking stuff !
                      moon buggy

Comment

Dude that's a bummer Kurt. . . sorry bro The DS is one thing as even though it was new, it looks like a rock got it which is a much easier pill to swallow than the all the other stuff from the damn ride home. Hope you get her back in action soon.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

i removed the hub and noticed the cap was twisted. i bought new hubs and it locks and unlocked. i also got a new clear windshield.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

Originally posted by 50yj View Post
                            i removed the hub and noticed the cap was twisted. i bought new hubs and it locks and unlocked. i also got a new clear windshield.
                            Dude! so sorry about the hub and windshield. I'm glad that things are back in order.

Unlike the Rat Patrol, Mr. Green should be ready to roll again by Monday. A new steering gear box and a shiny new brace should in place by then.
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                              Dude! so sorry about the hub and windshield. I'm glad that things are back in order.

Unlike the Rat Patrol, Mr. Green should be ready to roll again by Monday. A new steering gear box and a shiny new brace should in place by then.
                              what kind of brace did you get Mike? Does the steering box with 33's stress that bad?
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I have 33s and put a brace on my steering box just to put my mind at ease. I know a LOT of people that wheel 33s and 35s without one. The one I used is this:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=CE-9037T
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X