Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
    just got in. what a trail. now I have to get my beauty sleep. will post some pics tomorrow
    I can sleep for the rest of my life and it will not help me with any beauty... so I might as well post some pics:

We met at the staging area near the southern entrance to the trail:

We hit the first major obstacle as the last light started to fade:

Stuart, our fearless leader, was the first up:

Even though the trail is only about a half mile long, it has several interesting spots like this:

The date for this run was originally picked due to the full moon that was forecast. The moon did not disappoint. The desert lit up with the moon's arrival:

After we made it to the end of the trail, we turned around and ran the trail in the other direction. The longer wheel based rigs saw some serious air on the way back up:

Regardless, the path wasn't easy for any wheel base:

Sergio popped a hub and had to winch himself up one of the toughest spots in the trail to a level enough spot to work on it:

Almost all of us tried one of the extra credit lines. Josh made it up this line even though Mr. Green couldn't make it after several tries:

Mr. Green got some serious air time on the way back:

Unfortunately, the rest of the vehicle needed some counterweight to get all the tires back on the ground:

All of our pics can be seen at this link:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-08/?start=all
    Last edited by Mike; 08-17-08, 11:41 AM. Reason: Typos at 4:30am are acceptable, right?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Great pic Mike. Looks like a great run. It's killing me not being able Jeep right now.
      Check out .

Comment

Here's my measley little contribution to the pics of last night. Had a blast; Shredder is definitely more fun at night. The carnage:
        Broken hub fuses:three
        Bent sheet metal:two fenders
        Bent, twisted Drive shaft: one (mine)
        Bent front LCA: one (again, mine)

Mike (Malachi) at East entrance

Stu (Jeep Virgin)

He was going up the obstacle so fast he was blurred...

Sergio (50YJ)

Mike

Josh (Tomb Raider)

Jesse (Like its stolen)

Got home at 4:30 AM. Seems to be a theme for these night runs. What a great ride though. Well worth the time.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

We should probally let everyone know that Kurt was notified by the local law enforcement that patrols that area on dirt bikes, that anyone out there will be cited for trespassing. It is private property and we are not allowed to be there !!!!
          They don't want anybody off roading in that area period.
          moon buggy
          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

so when are we going to see detailed pictures of your new suspension etc.. Stu?

and great our MJR guys are running from the law while on the trail, is that why stu was going so fast?
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Here is a video. Not real good, but...

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                so when are we going to see detailed pictures of your new suspension etc.. Stu?

and great our MJR guys are running from the law while on the trail, is that why stu was going so fast?
                No pictures of of me because i got to be Trail Leader !
                Hoping to get my suspension fine tuned in the future, just trying to keep it off its lid these days. I have never seen so much law enforcement in one day, Josh and i had a couple driving with us up the 14 freeway. Glad to see you really don't need mud flaps, blinkers or most of the basic stuff anymore !

P.S. to the CHP out there thanks for not ticketing me
                moon buggy
                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

I'm a bit confused . . . did the cops just warn you guys or what? I saw Rat's other post and worried that the run got canceled, but by the looks of things . . . sure didn't seem to stop you guys.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    I'm a bit confused . . . did the cops just warn you guys or what? I saw Rat's other post and worried that the run got canceled, but by the looks of things . . . sure didn't seem to stop you guys.
                    I got there after the police had left. As I understand it, the guys were told that we could run it that night, but to expect to be ticketed if we came back another day without the expess permission of the property owner.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                      I got there after the police had left. As I understand it, the guys were told that we could run it that night, but to expect to be ticketed if we came back another day without the expess permission of the property owner.
                      Mike is correct. The deputy let us ride after talking to him for a while. I didn't say anything here because I didn't think it would be good for them if someone read this post that knows them. Too late now...

Comment

Carnage for me sidewall puncture on my tow rig, alot of rash on my rear fender flares, even my license plate got some rash from the top obstacle.

here some pics. not many....

Last edited by womb raider 940; 08-17-08, 07:40 PM.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

No pictures from the trail for me.
                          Note to self: Remember to charge battery and make sure memory card is in camera.

This night run was well worth the drive. I might be ready to take a run at JV next month.

The only other carnage for me was on the drive home.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

Originally posted by 50yj View Post
                            No pictures from the trail for me.
                            Note to self: Remember to charge battery and make sure memory card is in camera.

This night run was well worth the drive. I might be ready to take a run at JV next month.

The only other carnage for me was on the drive home.

holy cow man!!! Did you kill Toucan Sam

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Sergio,

Let's find out who is throwing rocks at the YJ's. We'll fix those guys. Maybe we can take away their sway bars and laugh at them trying to drive down the freeway in the wind! I'm glad that whatever hit your windshield didn't go all the way through. Must have messed your pants...

Mitch

Comment

now that you mention it a birdie did tell me there was a tj speeding away from the scene of the crime
                                If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

Working...
                                X