Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Goat Spring / Ford Mine

I went out today with Dave and Dalene for a short morning trip to help take my mind of yesterday and my fathers passing. We headed north on Hwy 247 to OM6640 and went in search of Goat Spring and a mine that I saw on my Topo program. Cool little canyons and trails and a fun area to explore. There was a small fenced spring and a huge green tree growing right there in the desert. We then headed to an long, old narrow mining trail that climbed 900' up East Ord to an area of surface mining. We picked through the old gold ore and went to an area with some neat rock formations for me to play on. All the upgrades and work is paying off with the YJ. Next we headed to the Ford Mine. There is a long climb up the East side of East Ord Mountain to get to the Ford. This is the coolest tunnel! The tunnel is only 50 feet deep but it is wood lined and has the track for an ore cart still inside. We explored and then headed back to Camp Rock Road and then home. I was going to go on the Cleghorn run, but it's off to Lakewood to take care of my mom tonight. Thanks Dave and Dalene for the diversion of thoughts! Had another great time.

Mitch

Off in search of Goat Spring

Goat Spring

A friend that we saw on the trail

Oh Yea / The YJ can flex!

Following Dave up the old mining road

The view from the surface mine

The Ford Mine

Heading down to Camp Rock Road

cool pics. looks like fun
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

As always, a great time! I'm going to need a small trailer to haul all the rocks back that Dalene thinks are "pretty"......Great climb today, you are DOING!!!
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Mitch,
        It was good to see you this morning at Mobil before our trail runs. I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am glad that you could get out and enjoy a trail adventure.
        Best to you, Max7
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Some videos from today

Heading down the old mining trail

Ford Mine

Dave climbing up to the Ford Mine

Heading down to Camp Rock Road

Comment

Great report and pics Mitch. Jeeps almost done and would love to join you guys again.
            Check out .

Comment

Is "Rage" making you bolder Mitch? Is Jonny Cash only used for crawling? Maybe I should put down my ABBA...................
              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Chuck,

I get my new BIG BOY tie rod/drag link and a Ninth D35 Rear Diff slider/skid installed this weekend. I'll be ready when you are.

Dave,

A little "Rage Against The Machine" always adds to the adventure, but MAX gave me the Johnny Cash cd after playing on his crawler trail, so yes that does inspire me. And yes Dave, ABBA is totally GAY!

Mitch - Having fun while learning!

Last edited by Mitch; 06-30-08, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X