Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: 330 heading to big bear and running springs

does anyone know how to get to the trail that rides the mountain peak all the way down from big bear and running springs on the 330 , you can see it from the hwy as you go up or down on the 330 looking over the edge to the next mountain , i guess to the west
    Last edited by sarah; 06-24-08, 04:00 PM.

If it is the one that I am thinking of, you can see it just below the 330 on the left going uphill. That is just a fuelbreak / hiking trail. The Forest Service shows it starting at Hwy 18 as 2N29 but it ends quickly and then is marked as a hiking trail only. I've never been by there when it wasn't gated and locked at the pavement. It looks like it would be a cool trail though.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
      If it is the one that I am thinking of, you can see it just below the 330 on the left going uphill. That is just a fuelbreak / hiking trail. The Forest Service shows it starting at Hwy 18 as 2N29 but it ends quickly and then is marked as a hiking trail only. I've never been by there when it wasn't gated and locked at the pavement. It looks like it would be a cool trail though.
      Barney, be careful taking advice from Malachi on trails. He'll drive over the stop bars in the Mall parking lot just for the thrill... :thumbs_up
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

that funny ...... i think a seen a vehicle on there last friday , it looks like its bigger then a hiking trail

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Barney, be careful taking advice from Malachi on trails. He'll drive over the stop bars in the Mall parking lot just for the thrill... :thumbs_up
          Hey! You make it sound like I got a problem... hhmmmmmm,

Uh, Nevermind...
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Hey! You make it sound like I got a problem... hhmmmmmm,

Uh, Nevermind...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Not sure what trail you are asking about.

I do not know of any dirt road West of 330 headed to Running Springs or Big Bear.

1N22 "City Creek Rd" is the only dirt road I know of West of Hwy 330. It was closed 5 years ago or so and will probably not re-open.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Maybe a bit more info - I'm looking at the map, don't see what you're talking about..
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
                X