Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear 31, 1

my wife and i decided to get a room in big bear for the new year. we will probably drive a couple of mild trails while we are there... if anyone else pland to go to big bear, we could step up the difficulty a notch.
    i'd really like to do the anza borego run, but the wife wants to hang out in big bear. any takers?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

I would be interested, provided I can get the Willys to an ambulatory level. I finally got fed-up with my hokey, home-made fuel tank (it was large, but problematic), and have converted it into a between-the-frame-rails storage box (I would have removed it altogether, but it was welded into the frame rails, and actually may contribute to rigidity of the frame). I have a shiney new Summit Racing 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell all ready to go into the bed of the Willys, but I am still lacking a couple of small fittings I need to finish plumbing the fuel lines to the cell. I'm likely to have a couple of days off this week due to inclement weather, so I may get the project finished in time. I'll let you know...

Comment

sounds like a fun project well... keep me posted on your progress with the tank. it is sopposed to be pretty snowy.
      ERIK

Comment

Paul if you go let me know. Me and the kids might go if you go. Tom has to sleep that night. Big Bear sounds like fun I haven't been up there since 1998 to do some wheeling. But easy to easy stuff for me.

P.S. I don't do nightruns The drive home is okay at night
        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Well, it looks like the Willys won't be ready in time. The UPS guy has come and gone, and my fuel line fittings weren't among the things delivered. Additionally, I've thought about it, and decided that this would be a prime time to Hurculine the bed of the Willys (before I mount an aluminum fuel cell in the bed). It would save me the hassle of removing the fuel cell for the project at a later date. I'm going to hold off on the Hurculining until I have a full day of sunshine in which to do it (applying that stuff, and then having it rain on it before it was dried/cured would be fundamentally bad). At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel on this particular project (and hopefully, it's not a freight train headed my way)...

Comment

well.. sorry we didnt run into any of you guys in big bear.. we had a great time of mild wheeling. all of the trails were complete sheets of ice on the fawnskin side of the lake. we did the 3n-93 trail. 3n-14, and 3n-16 were complete sheets of ice! it was pretty cool sliding all over the trail. sorry i cant post pics.. i forgot my camera!
            ERIK

Comment

sounds like fun . . . kinda

I have your cooler!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
              X