Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Rock to 2N17X Video

Pilot Rock trail is a blue rated trail. The trail begins on HWY 138 just east of LAke Silverwood. The trail winds around Silverwood Lake until it reaches HWY 173. Before exiting onto HWY 173, the entrance to 2N17X is located right by the dam of the lake. 2N17X is a black diamond trail mostly for hill climbs and narrow roads. 2N17X is always a fun day run. There is a small rocky area where you can have fun until you get to Miller Canyon trail or you can continue to Lake Arrowhead area.

It was a great day to wheel. If anyone wants to run 2N17X even on a short notice just send me a PM and we'll get'er done :thumbs_up

Special thanks to Tony M for joining me on this run and guiding me through those rocks.

Video of "Pilot Rock to 2N17X"

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Looks like you guys had a good time . . . thanks for sharing!!! How long did the trail take you guys? What would you compare the difficulty to? I sure wish we still had some local trails out here
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Hey there Mr. Bash and Tony looks like a great wheelin trip..lots of fun heh? Thanks for the video..Geeb
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Shant,

Great video work! We will meet up soon. Thanks for sharing...

Mitch

Comment

sweet video!
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            Looks like you guys had a good time . . . thanks for sharing!!! How long did the trail take you guys? What would you compare the difficulty to? I sure wish we still had some local trails out here
            We started out at 9:15am and finished at 2:00pm. We made a lot of stops for video shooting and just enjoying the scenery. It was nice to be able to go real slow and have a great time without having anyone rush you.

2N17X is moderate. It has steep hill climbs, narrow roads and several off camber areas. I didn't make it up the most difficult hill climb. My open diffs just kept burning a whole in the dirt. It's a great trail for a day run. I personally would run it anytime. Infact, it's due for a night run.

Comment

Night run...now that sounds like the ticket! Really nice video Shant, thanks again; hey your brother is a really good sport you had him running up and down those hills through half the trail and those are some really steep hills...lol, me on the other hand, I'm huffing & puffing after going 30ft. up......lol.

Comment

Looks like a great day of wheelin' Mr Bash!
                I'm close by like you are, so if you are looking for company on a run up 2N17X, let me know. I'm in for a night run too. That trail is fun down hill as well.

There are some great play areas at the top, just as your vid shows. Here is a totally open diff Jeep taking a crazy line over that notch you were playing on. This is Scott, 1 BAD F N Z's son:

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                  I'm close by like you are, so if you are looking for company on a run up 2N17X, let me know. I'm in for a night run too. That trail is fun down hill as well.

There are some great play areas at the top, just as your vid shows. Here is a totally open diff Jeep taking a crazy line over that notch you were playing on. This is Scott, 1 BAD F N Z's son:

Awesome! My Jeep won't make that line on that notch. For some reason my RE 3.5 Superflex does not flex as much as it's supposed to. My buddy Rawkon said my shocks are upside down....go figure. I also watched all of your other videos. I have a few questions if I may...

1) Are all those Jeeps in the videos members of MJR?
                  2) Are you Jeepers the head honcho's of the CMF Organization?
                  3) Is that black Jeep rolled over on Cleghorn? If so....how the hell did that happen?

and last but not least...when are we wheelin 2N17X in the night? How's bout Monday Night at 6:30pm 6/16/2008?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                    Awesome! My Jeep won't make that line on that notch. For some reason my RE 3.5 Superflex does not flex as much as it's supposed to. My buddy Rawkon said my shocks are upside down....go figure. I also watched all of your other videos. I have a few questions if I may...

1) Are all those Jeeps in the videos members of MJR?
                    2) Are you Jeepers the head honcho's of the CMF Organization?
                    3) Is that black Jeep rolled over on Cleghorn? If so....how the hell did that happen?

and last but not least...when are we wheelin 2N17X in the night? How's bout Monday Night at 6:30pm 6/16/2008?
                    Ha! Making that line in open diffs is something special. I couldn't do it.

As for your questions, 1) Yes. All the vids are of MJR folks.
                    2) I'm guessing at the meaning of CMF, but if I'm guessing right, the answer is No. There are much crazier MF's than my vids show. :wink:
                    3) If you are talking about this Jeep:

It is actually green not black. That is Mr. Green, and I am sitting at the wheel in this pic. How did it happen? Well, just do everything that you possibly can wrong, and this is how you end up. It was a good lesson in what NOT to do. Good thing that I learned it early.

As for where it happened and all the details, I'll see if I can't meet you on the 16th. We can chat about it then. Is the plan to meet at 6:30pm at the Silverwood dam?
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

That was cool to see that video again of Scotty playing on the rocks. Let me know if you are going to do a night run, as my schedual has changed, and I'll try and join you guys, Kevin.

Comment

2) I'm guessing at the meaning of CMF, but if I'm guessing right, the answer is No. There are much crazier MF's than my vids show. :wink:

It is actually green not black. That is Mr. Green, and I am sitting at the wheel in this pic. How did it happen? Well, just do everything that you possibly can wrong, and this is how you end up. It was a good lesson in what NOT to do. Good thing that I learned it early.

As for where it happened and all the details, I'll see if I can't meet you on the 16th. We can chat about it then. Is the plan to meet at 6:30pm at the Silverwood dam?
                        Yeah, 6:30pm meeting at the Dam. Monday Night.

Comment

I know I complimented it before, but here it is again... damn fine driving there Scott!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

nice video
                            BS Fab: 'Cause Close is Good Enough...

Comment

i'd like to know what you did wrong too; so i don't make those same mistakes. i wouldn't like to be on top of my jeep since i have no roll cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X