Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleghorn quickie

I did a quick run up and over Cleghorn today with Roger. We met at my house in Hesperia and took 3N45 from Oak Hills down the Cajon Pass to Hwy 138, then to the 15 and aired down at Cleghorn Road. Awesome weather and blue sky. We did most of the side trails and really had fun. This will soon become one of my favorite trails! There were several groups that we saw and everyone seemed to be having a great time. We were going to do Pilot Rock after, but Roger had a time schedule and we aired up at Silverwood and headed back home via Lake Arrowhead Road.

Mitch

3N45 going south from Oak Hills / Hesperia

Cleghorn climb

Roger

Mitch Nice BLUE sky!

Silverwood Lake

Lunch on top of the hill

Roger climbing a side trail at Cleghorn.

Comment

:thumbs_up AWESOME!!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

some of those quicky runs are the most fun and memorable. Nobody rushn ya. You sit at the top of the tallest hill around and just the majesty of it all is almost overwhelming.

ok, call me sentimental.
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Cleghorn is always fun!

here's a pic from last weekend

Hey, Bob!!
          Jeep

Comment

We had a great trip. We ran into a group of H3's that acted like it was the first time they ever got off pavement. Out of the group there was one guy that seemed to know what he was doing so I asked him to teach the rest of his group a little trail etiquette.

He was kind of embarrassed for the rudeness the others had and he assured me he would talk to them about how to act on the trail.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Patrick. Sorry been working on a my daughters wedding at the end of June. After that, I'll be back.
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Oh man Mitch,
                I coulda made this one. Wish you would have let me know. I ended up doin very little today.
                I like that Cleghorn trail. It's always fun.

Scott

Comment

Dezertdog,

Sorry but it was kinda last minute. I am meeting Dave at 7:00am at the Mobil Station Hwy 18 and Central in Apple Valley for a quick run up Rattlesnake Canyon tomarrow.

Mitch

Comment

Looks like a great run. Cleg is always a good time. I'm sorry that I couldn't have been there with ya! Let me know when you want to take another run up the hill.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Thank's Mike,

We will do that run very soon! I need to explore a few more side trails.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                      X