Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1n38

Anyone made it to top of 1N38. I tried it last weekend with Barney 1 (steve) But we were stopped by a large tree Across the trail.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I've been to the top but it was last August. The winter probably brought down a tree or two. How far did you get? Did you reach the black diamond section? It is really just a couple of loose rock climbs but it gets steep in places. Definitely not a good place to get sideways or to lose your 4WD (like FreewayDan)!

The top looks like this:

With good views:

But you have to go up (& back down) a couple of these (steeper and looser than it looks):
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Did you waypoint the tree so that we can alert the Club that has this trail?

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

we almost made the top, the tree is well after the black diamond sign and yes its steep with loose rocks , was wondering what's on top and where does it go ??

Comment

Well the top is a dead end a looks just as shown in Malachi's photo. Just a small plateau area and a nice view. Jeep'n Jeepers is the AAT club for the trail according to the sign at the trail head. I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago about the tree, but I haven't heard back yet.

Our club has an AAT trail near by (1N37). We'll be working up there this weekend. Maybe we'll have time to have a look at it and see what we can do.

I was on that trail last September and had to move a dead tree from the trail to get to the top. It's a short run, but good for a filler, to finish off the day.
          Mike in Vista
          1942 Willys MB, 1956 Willys Wagon

Comment

It's still there? I reported the tree to Greg on the Yahoo AAT website. I was up there a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
            X