Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute Miller Jeep Trail-camping

Miller Jeep Trail.

Camping at Mutau Road. Mutau flat campground. or just look for Jeeps.

Channel 26.

Pm me for phone.

Flying J at 9am.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
    Miller Jeep Trail.

Channel 26.

Pm me for phone.

Flying J at 9am.

So who all is camping . . . seeing that it was a local run, I figured we were just talking about a day run, but might be able to swing a overnighter. You're camping Sat night right??? Is a night run on the agenda?

Rick and I will be meeting off the 118 at DeSoto (under the overpass) @ 8am.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

umm is up to you bud. I am gonna camp Saturday night. Would go tonight but have something planned.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Miller during the day and a night run outa Mutau flat sounds good to me, I'll overnight it.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
          Miller during the day and a night run outa Mutau flat sounds good to me, I'll overnight it.
          I like the sound of that!!!
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I,m possibly in for a day run?? where to meet out there?? Geeb
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
              That's just what I was thinking . . . maybe set up camp, cook up some weiners and then go for a night run! I've got nada in the fridge so I'll be making a Vons run tonight . . . let me know if ya'll need something.

Hey Geebo . . . hope you can make it! Miller's a pretty full day of wheelin' so come on out even it you can't swing the night run. We'll be at the Flying J by 9 . . . meeting up by my house at 8 . . . give me a call when you're on the road and we can probably just meet up with you along the way . . . PM me if you don't have my #.
              Last edited by Schmo; 05-30-08, 07:26 PM.

Comment

does anyone have coordinates for Mutau flat campground?
                2006 Rubicon Unlimited
                Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

Originally posted by cmjrfan8 View Post
                  does anyone have coordinates for Mutau flat campground?
                  I looked online for directions or anything. I couldn't find anything for you. Rick or Joe might know.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I have no idea . . . I checked the Wells Book and they don't have any info on the trails over there. I'll see if I can find my map . . . do they usually have coordinates? Not having GPS I've never paid attention!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                      Miller Jeep Trail.

Channel 26.

Pm me for phone.

Flying J at 9am.
                      Your description scares people away. miller is not very difficult. It should be considered easy. A stock jeep can get through, no problem.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Anybody else planning to meet up with us?

x2 on the trail not being difficult . . . toughest parts would probably be considered moderate at best by most the guys around here!

Comment

Oh well I,m out....and pi--ed too..later Geeb (Sorry Guys)
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Miller Jeep Trail Report - part 1 of 2

Five Jeeps made the last minute Miller Jeep Trail run on Saturday, May 31, 2008. From left to right: Rick’s (Rickashay) – black 04 Rubi, Josh’s (Tomb Raider 940) silver 03 Rubi, Joe’s (Schmo) black 06 Rubi:

Rick’s (Rickashay) black 04 Rubi, Scott’s (WSTN Saga) khaki 06 Rubi and my (Russ Chung) khaki 05 TJ:

Pictured from left to right: Scott (WSTN Saga), Joe (Schmo), Josh (Tomb Raider 940) and Rick (Rickashay):

Rick (Rickashay) followed by Josh (Tomb Raider 940) and Scott (WSTN Saga):

Despite the devastation from the Day fire in September 2006, there were signs of recovery along the trail:

Kabob Hill. Rick (Rickashay) followed by Josh (Tomb Raider 940) and Scott (WSTN Saga):

Joe on Kabob Hill:

Scott at the Squeeze:

Joe at the Squeeze:

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

Miller Jeep Trail Report - part 2 of 2

We stopped at Sunset Campground for lunch, then crossed Piru Creek and continued up the Miller Jeep Trail. Joe (Schmo) crossing Piru Creek:

Scott (WSTN Saga) on Miller Jeep Trail:

Rick (Rickashay) on Miller Jeep Trail:

We reached the end of the Miller Jeep Trail at Dutchman campground:

Scott and Josh enjoying the view from a hill above Dutchman campground:

The weather was nice; it was sunny and the temperature was about 70 with a light wind from the southwest. After completing the run, Scott and I returned home. Josh, Rick and Joe remained in the area and will be camping in the Los Padres National Forest.
                              Last edited by Russ Chung; 05-31-08, 10:39 PM.
                              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                              X