Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't be that bad - but I wouldn't advise it in the rain with bald tires. When we determined the "easy line" (all Black Diamond trails in the SBNF have a 31"/1 locker line), we weren't thinking "in the rain"
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      all Black Diamond trails in the SBNF have a 31"/1 locker line
      What does that mean?

Comment

no dust and lots of fun, hope i can make it

Comment

Shouldn't be that bad - but I wouldn't advise it in the rain with bald tires. When we determined the "easy line" (all Black Diamond trails in the SBNF have a 31"/1 locker line), we weren't thinking "in the rain"
          Damit Jeff your on every board arnt ya. How is the YJ you gona wheel it any time soon?
          Tired of all the BS
          NO BS CAMPING AND WHEELING

Comment

Originally posted by Gerr View Post
            Damit Jeff your on every board arnt ya. How is the YJ you gona wheel it any time soon?
            Part of my CIA background - I can be many places at once

Coming along good - replaced one of my batteries (plates shorted), just need to smog it. May be able to regear to 5.38's soon
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by sandjunkie View Post
              What does that mean?
              It means that there is at least one line on every obstacle that you can do in a vehicle (we assume a stock TJ) that has 31" tires, appropriate lift and a rear locker. This keeps people from creating bypasses.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Here's a realtime report from one of my people that lives up there:

"For those coming up over the weekend it might get cold as it's snowing
                like crazy here in Sugarloaf (Big Bear) right now and actually starting
                to stick, and there's a 40% chance of snow on Friday night and Saturday
                night. So I guess our annual Mothers Day snow is a bit late. Check
                www.wunderground. com for a weather report for the weekend."
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Here's a realtime report from one of my people that lives up there:

"For those coming up over the weekend it might get cold as it's snowing
                  like crazy here in Sugarloaf (Big Bear) right now and actually starting
                  to stick, and there's a 40% chance of snow on Friday night and Saturday
                  night. So I guess our annual Mothers Day snow is a bit late. Check
                  www.wunderground.com for a weather report for the weekend."
                  Wow. Hotter then heck one day and snowing the next. Gotta love Calif.
                  Check out .

Comment

Yep. I had a patrol on Gold Mountain a few years back, started the day in shorts and my FS (short sleeve!) shirt - wound up with ice in my beard on the backside of the trail.

(note: ALWAYS bring the soft top and doors)
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

It means that there is at least one line on every obstacle that you can do in a vehicle (we assume a stock TJ) that has 31" tires, appropriate lift and a rear locker. This keeps people from creating bypasses.
                      Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Comment

No problem
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Guys, anybody up for doing this on Sunday? The weather looks like it might be better, and that's the day my hall pass is good for....

I plan on doing this trail Sunday, but would prefer not to go alone.
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Going to the beach this weekend.

Comment

Nathan , i'm still in for john bull sunday or any other if the weathers to bad on jb we can hit something else .....i,ll be hitting that area saturday also and will post a report

Comment

big bear

im heading out this morning to camp at serrano until monday .me and a few others are planning to do the bull ,gold moutnain ,jacoby on sat .were meetin at discovery center at 8:00 .youre welcome to come along .if weather permits if not we can always have a jeep show .!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X