Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Rock 2N33

Hey guys, I'm having some conflicts with my maps. My question is does 2N33 connect to HWY 173 by the Pinnacles staging area?

My Lake Arrowhead map shows that it does connect by a sewage treatment plant, but my OHV map shows that the end of 2N33 by HWY 173 is a Motorcycle trail.

Can someone clarify this information for me? I'm going to be running this on Sat.

Thanks!
    Last edited by phant0omx; 05-19-08, 12:16 PM.

That's 3W14 that connects it, and you're correct - it's a 50" ATV/Motorcycle trail.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Thanks Jeff. It looks like the only way to get to the Pinnacles staging area is from the HWY...

Comment

Either from Hwy 173, or across 3N34. I can also get you there through town from Northshore.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Well, my plan was to run Cleghorn ridge, then Pilot rock to Pinnacles.

Suggestion on shortest route to get to Pinnacles after running 2N17x/2N33?

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
            Well, my plan was to run Cleghorn ridge, then Pilot rock to Pinnacles.

Suggestion on shortest route to get to Pinnacles after running 2N17x/2N33?
            Hwy 173

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
              Hwy 173

to clarify, do you mean Hwy 173 north to the Hesperia side?

Comment

Just did Pilot Rock last weekend. Trail is in great shape, lots of fun. We took Willow Creek over. Both trails in good shape.
                "I am become death"

Comment

dtwitch, you took Willow Creek from the east headed west? Sorry guys, I'm totally lost here.

Merlin.

Comment

From FishPOET's map, it looks like 2N33 ends at Hwy 173 and the Pinnacles staging area is only about 1 mile away?

Comment

Okay, so I got my confused cleared up with Chelsea over at the Arrowhead Ranger office.

From my OHV Guide, it shows 2N33 connecting to 3W14, so I thought 2N33 dead ends and doesn't get you to Hwy 173. My Arrowhead street maps however does show 2N33 turning into a paved road which leads to Hwy 173. This was my confusion.

Apparently I should trust the Arrowhead street map.

Thanks for the replies, it was helpful!

Merlin

Comment

We did Pilot Rock from west to east, then up 173 to Willow Creek and did that from west to east.
                        "I am become death"

Comment

Provided your rig is street legal you can run pilot rock from silverwood lake then merge onto 2n33 headed east which takes you to highway173 you follow that for about 2 miles and then you turn right onto the dirt road to the pinacles staging area. the 2 trails are pretty close together to run gleghorn first is cool start at the 15 when you get to the end of vleghorn traisl on the 138 head back west slightly about a mile then turn onto hwy 173 towards lake silverwood by the dam go into the lake silverwood staging are from there you can run either 2n33 or start with 2n17x is a fun trail. I did Cleghorn, Pilot rock/2n17x and Dishpan all in the same day was a lot of fun.

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/jeep-wrangler-locke/

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/toda...oad-adventure/

Comment

thanks for the replies. i ran cleghorn, pilot rock, and willow creek jeep trail on saturday. i planned to run 2n17x from the side of silverwood lake dam side, but some of the females had to the bathroom and didn't want to use the bushes, so i ended up running only pilot rock from the conservation camp side. was fun, but tiring.

Comment

FishPOET, how are you making those maps? What software are you using?
                              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X