• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few wheelin images...

2006 Rubicon Unlimited
    Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

So Cbrazor1,

I know you were towed to the highway, how did you gt back home from there?

Great trip everyone! Today was a good day, good weather, and most importantly, good people!!

Mitch, sorry you have to go down the hill tomorrow. We're smoking ribs and chicken in the smoker... Oh and LeAnne made homemade sweet potato pie.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Wheres al the XJs?!?!?!

Looks like a good time, I'm regretin not makin the trip up there now. I'll get there one day...

Comment

a couple more pics ..... one for you razor [/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  So Cbrazor1,

I know you were towed to the highway, how did you gt back home from there?

Great trip everyone! Today was a good day, good weather, and most importantly, good people!!

Mitch, sorry you have to go down the hill tomorrow. We're smoking ribs and chicken in the smoker... Oh and LeAnne made homemade sweet potato pie.
                  well once we got to big bear my son inlaw towed me through the city then i filled up with water and drove and coasted home made it home with out over heating thanks again every one had a great time
                  :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by monsterubi View Post
                    I think i take the award for the best tie rod. I know some people got pictures. When you see it you will understand.
                    Here you go Zack:

What tie rod? I just see a pretzel in this photo....and nice little ding in the front diff housing :-)

Here's what happens with a 10" lift rolling on 38's - You can't see those little rocks way down there on the ground....

Chuck helps remove Zack's tie rod. Zack did most of the work, honest! But the whole thing didn't take more than 15 minutes, including straightening and reinstall.

Zack's new trophy

Straightening the tie rod - we got it to within a degree or two - not too shabby!

Thanks guys, had a fun day. I took LOTS more photos, but have to run a bunch of honeydo's today. Will post thoughts and photos later tonight.
                    Last edited by nwoods; 05-18-08, 04:45 PM.
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Thank you Roger and Mitch for another great trip. I don’t know what it is about the Rattlesnake runs but there is always more carnage on these runs then all others. nwoods got some shots of monsterubi’s tie rod. He did a number on it. Glad the hillbilly YJ made it home. Thank you all for a fun run. Oh…I blew one of my front shocks.
                      Trail head

Hillbilly YJ

Two Hole Mine

Extra credit area

During lunch I experimented a little with some B&W's

Roger conquering Heartbreak

Thanks again everyone. All my pics are here.
                      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-08/?start=all
                      Check out .

Comment

Hey thanks for posting the pics. Since i hit that rock the jeep drives strighter than it did before and it used to rub on the stabilizer and now it doesn't. Only the steering wheel is a little off but thats an easy fix.It drives perfectly straight now. Thanks Chuck for the alignment. How much do i owe you??

Comment

Originally posted by monsterubi View Post
                          Hey thanks for posting the pics. Since i hit that rock the jeep drives strighter than it did before and it used to rub on the stabilizer and now it doesn't. Only the steering wheel is a little off but thats an easy fix.It drives perfectly straight now. Thanks Chuck for the alignment. How much do i owe you??
                          No charge. Trail repairs should just be paid forward. :thumbs_up
                          I'm just glad it didn't snap. We would have had fun getting it out of there.
                          Check out .

Comment

What's up with tie rods lately . . . geez. I think that's the fourth or fifth one I've seen taco'd in last couple of months . . . luckliy there always seems to be somebody like Chuck around who can make quick work of it I carry my stock one as a trail spare and after seeing how easy the stock rod can be bent (by hand even) I wouldn't trust it for much else. Hey Zack . . . looks like it's time to upgrade!!! I found one on-line for a 100 bucks that is much beefier and came with new also beefier tie-rod ends . . . this way I have a complete rod for a spare. With 38's I'm surprised you don't taco that stock rod on the pavement!!!
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Rattlesnake Canyon

Wow guys, looks like I missed a great run. (again)
                              Wish I could've been that 15th Jeep out there yesterday...
                              Hopefully I can be there for the next one.
                              ( Hey Mitch, I thought you were going to try Heartbreak Ridge):wink:

Scott

Comment

Here are a few more images from Hearkbreak Ridge...

2006 Rubicon Unlimited
                                Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

Working...
                                X