Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattlesnake Canyon 5-17-08

Roger picked a perfect day for a run up to the Big Bear area. 14 Jeeps showed up today and we left the Valero Station in Lucerne a lttle after 8:00am and headed for the Rattlesnake Canyon trailhead to air down. The trail started out dusty but got better as we progressed. A couple of miles in we stopped so that those who wanted could check out the Two Hole Mine. A nice 20' wood A-frame over a concrete and wood lined mine shaft with scattered shafts and tunnels in the area. Back on the trail we climbed the couple of bed-rock formations that block the trail and others took the extra credit lines over the big rocks. Chuck took the lead and led us to an abandoned mining camp with so much to see and explore! Houses, garages, equipment, etc... We all had lunch in the shade of the trees and buildings. Chuck took us on a short cut to 2N02 and at 2N61Y (Heartbreak Ridge). we split up. I led 2 others back to Big Bear and the rest followed Chuck on HeartBreak Ridge. The trip back to Big Bear for my small group was smooth and easy with a stop at the "Bat Cave" near the Rose Mine Area. A great day with temps around 80' in Big Bear. Thanks to everyone who showed up, lots of new faces. I will set up another Rattlesnake trip soon when it's not a heat wave day, cause there are a bunch who couldn't make it today. Thanks again Roger!

Mitch

Roger's driver meeting

Waiting in line for the rock garden

A couple of the locals

Chuck and Scott playing on the rocks

Looking back~

The Mining Camp

Chuck is really roughing it!

nice pics mitch my wife got tons of pics of flowers not so many jeeps

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

ha mitch dusty was not the word for it , now i know why everyone wasnt putting there hand up ..... no big deal the jeep just got a little bit more dirty ! thanks for good day and yes " MY JEEP ROCKS "

Comment

steve we made it ,last thing i remember i was hallucinating saw a bunch of cowgirls lol
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
          steve we made it ,last thing i remember i was hallucinating saw a bunch of cowgirls lol

glad you guys made it home ok :bart::bart::bart:

Comment

Well come on and tell me about Heartbreak Ridge. There has to be some good stories.

Comment

i had a great time good trail good people thanks every one , well tomorrow gotta change my freeze plug oh well thats part of the fun

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
                i had a great time good trail good people thanks every one , well tomorrow gotta change my freeze plug oh well thats part of the fun
                dont feel bad lol my tie rod is wasted i drove all the way down the mountian with a nast death wobble i am suprizede the front end held up to it

Comment

you werent hallocinating the sun wasn't that hot

Comment

you mean they were real

Comment

Looking for the right trail, again?

Comment

I think i take the award for the best tie rod. I know some people got pictures. When you see it you will understand.

Comment

Here are a few images I took...

I know they aren't wheelin images. I'll post some of those later.

Look at it this way, the Siera Club will like them!
                          Last edited by cmjrfan8; 05-17-08, 10:30 PM.
                          2006 Rubicon Unlimited
                          Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

Hints of carnage, comparing who destroyed their tie rod the most? Details please!!!!!

Comment

Lets just just say that i hit it on the biggest rock we saw all day. I know they got pictures, they'll explain it.

Comment

Working...
                              X